Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Shopping for a Hilux

hi all

New member here! Found your forum as I'm looking for a Hilux and this seemed to be the obvious place to start. Sadly I'm short of time so would appreciate some guidance - doubtless I'll ask questions that have been done to death!

I started looking for a Hilux pickup as I'm in need of a workhorse for towing a car and boat (one at a time!) , as well as carting stuff to the tip from a project house we're about to buy. In my search I stumbled across the "Surf" model and it set me thinking. Perhaps not quite as much of a "workhorse" as a pickup - can't chuck mucky stuff in the back so easily, but then again more of a useful overall package. Plus I worry about the pickup as I can't get long stuff in the back without some kind of rack, and the ling interior might be more useful for those B&Q trips for wood, skirting board etc!

I found this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201008353004868/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/3000/model/hilux/make/toyota/page/3/radius/1500/postcode/nn48hy?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fus ed%2Fcars%2Ftoyota%2Fhilux%2Fp ostcode%2Fnn48hy%2Fradius%2F15 00%2Fprice-to%2F3000%2Fpage%2F3%2Fsort%2F priceasc&logcode=p

on autotrader which looked like a good car, but I'm not yet clear what I'm looking for fault wise. Budget is about right - I'd planned on about £2k.

So, any thoughts or guidance appreciated.

Many thanks
    Rich

Take a look in the FAQ for what to look out for.

Around 2k you should be able to find a good 3.0 2nd gen for that
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

You're right about the pick up. It's great for bricks and cement, but timber and any longer stuff is a headache, Surf is better for that sort of gear, just let it stick out the rear window.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
      X