Roughtrax's upgraded radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughtrax's upgraded radiator

Was under the truck earlier today and (dont ask me why) was feeling the bottom of my rad and noticed a couple of "dimples" which looked to me like the rad had been repaired? The rest of the rad was all smooth and perfect apart from this little part.
    I just cant see how something made by a machine would have such an obvious blemish. It has got me thinking its a repaired rad! lol
    Roughtrax wouldnt would they???
    Windows 7 was my idea!

Pointless post unless you have pictures of the 'repair'.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Was going to take some but started getting dark. The paint finish is unbreaken, it just looks and feels like they have painted over a few "squashed boggies" if that makes sense lol.
      Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

might just be the moulding, i have a roughtrax rad and the top and bottom tanks are plastic. Not looked at mine that close as it dont leak
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
          might just be the moulding, i have a roughtrax rad and the top and bottom tanks are plastic. Not looked at mine that close as it dont leak
          Plastic? Mine is all metal.
          Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

LOL. Charvil has a turd Gen, Didn't think Roughtrax did an upgraded rad? just new replacement ones.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              LOL. Charvil has a turd Gen, Didn't think Roughtrax did an upgraded rad? just new replacement ones.
              better quality with a 3rd gen. Tony its MOT time
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Might be a painting mark too, could be that's where it was sat when it was sprayed, then it was brushed over... But as Albannach says, put some pictures up or it's all speculation.
                Andy
                http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  Didn't think Roughtrax did an upgraded rad? just new replacement ones.
                  Hey Tony. Yeah according to their site they've recently sourced a new aftermarket rad for the 3.0lt which they belive to be the best available one yet. Its apparently got thicker/stronger top tanks to them to prevent cracking/leaks under extreme heat. Cost £180.
                  As for the mark....a mechanic had a look at it today and reasured me it was probably just where it was in the press when it was made. Or something along those lines. He told me to stop being stupid and it was fine. Nice guy. lol
                  Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
                    Hey Tony. Yeah according to their site they've recently sourced a new aftermarket rad for the 3.0lt which they belive to be the best available one yet. Its apparently got thicker/stronger top tanks to them to prevent cracking/leaks under extreme heat. Cost £180.
                    As for the mark....a mechanic had a look at it today and reasured me it was probably just where it was in the press when it was made. Or something along those lines. He told me to stop being stupid and it was fine. Nice guy. lol
                    A but will you listen to his wise words and act on them?
                    Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X