The Shame!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shame!!

Of it, a landy owner in the family my sons new aquisition, this defender 90, it's actually a nice runner, a dam site nippier than my surf if much more basic, i quite like it, the driveing position is ok but a little cramped against the drivers door (apprantly it's called landrover shoulder) ya need the window down to get some relief, however its ideal for what he wants it for, he goes shooting and beating (got that from me) also part time game warden up near Liss (i think) gonna take me sometime and i might even have a go with the shotgun, hell i might even take the surf up there for a bit of laneing, anyway nice motor,

Too young to die and too old to give a toss

I like them.

How much did he give for it?
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Hey Ian ya gotta be fair to your Truck it's got lots o' mods on so may go a stone or 2 heavier !!

"Cos short cuts never work in the long Term"
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Let me know if you tweo come up for laning I am only 15 away from Liss.
        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Aye will do smego, i'll let you know for sure where abouts it is, pretty sure he said it up round Liss tho,
          He paid around 6K for it, personaly i think thats too much but it seem to be the going rate for that type and year, ( they seem to come "with rust" already he need some welding done!! last one he went after was around 8K but apparantly immaculate, theres a few niggley things to sort out on the one he got, like rear demist wires parted company and the rear wiper dont work, got power to it, good set of coopers and modular's on it tho, he chuffed with its performance so thats the main thing,
          his mates 90 popped a rear spring the othert week, first time i've used a high lift jack, his has beed body lifted and i dont think the springs were replaced, there loose on full drop

Comment

Glad to hear you will be joining the Shooting members Ian well done...

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
              Glad to hear you will be joining the Shooting members Ian well done...
              Cheers Dave, wont be shooting anything alive tho, (unless it's some of the yobs round here)

Comment

A mate of mine has got a small fleet of classic landys, all modded. He has one for going camping (got a cooker, etc in the back) one for day to day use and another one for having fun in. They're all old enough to qualify for free road tax and are on classic insurance for about £80 a year fully comp. I'm sure he does it just to annoy people at the classic Land Rover club - they're all painted matt black and covered in steel chequer plate!

He's exactly the same with his motorbikes - got a classic Honda Goldwing from the 70s done in a rat/survival style and I swear he always gets a kick from the disapproving glances he gets from Goldwing Owners Club members!

Have to admit that before I bought the Surf I was looking at landys myself but couldn't find a decent one for anything like approaching sensible money and from what I see the Surf is a much better vehicle all round for my needs.

Comment

Yeah! i was amazed at the price of these landrovers, especially the state of most of em, half the age of my truck and twice as rusty, there seems very little attempt by the builders to weatherproof anything, still their good for what there for where as the surf and other jap trucks are good "all rounders",

Comment

Working...
                  X