my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my car

just posting to say hello and to show you my first surf.

i did see the car before i bid :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Surf-Hilux-3-0-SSR-X-Spares-Repair/230428239444

i've bought a rural house with land in Portugal and plan to move in 6 months or so and will need a 4x4.

work done. waiting for my vic test

I passed the vic test yesterday so i can have a v5 form now. So the surf escapes the breaker ..... thanks richard for the tailgate and other parts.
    : the tailgate i bashed and wacked (resisted the temptation to pull a lamp post down) but it's too well built so i done the sensible thing and emailed stormforce.
    : the oil leak was a big one from the back of the rocker cover. I could move the back two bolts by hand. It had been leaking a long time and i got covered with a gunk/oil mix cleaning the engine.
    : the water pump i changed. Both sections and that has worked. Cold weather i reckon blew the pump. (i debated the cost of replacing the head before i bid)
    The general maintenance of this surf was very poor. Both the alternator belts and ac were dry and crumbly. The timing belt was good but the timing cover was missing the bottom two bolts so dirt had got in. The tensioner had dirt all around it. A garage in Andover did that. Why not advise the customer about the other belts as well? (replaced everything)
    Also they hadn't put the radiator shroud back properly from a radiator repair.
    While flushing the system the radiator was leaking from the repair so it was on the phone to roughtrax again. (very impressed with them and good to get genuine toyota fluids/oil)
    drove it for 4 hours yesterday making sure it's ok and i'm pretty sure i've got lucky with the engine despite the high miles(should do 250,000 anyway if looked after). I'm very happy and so is the old girl for a big service. Treated her to some general grabber at2 all round.
    Thanks to the forum for info
    Attached Files

Comment

Just glad to be able to help Steve and the truck looks good mate.Good to meet you also the other week
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi and Welcome!
        Your surf looks clean!! Nice truck
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Wahay, nice truck! Hurry up, flee the country while you still can.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
            X