Ow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by si tate View Post
    Never heard of that one before, you must have really been going for it.
    People have broke ribs coughing.

Comment

Originally posted by blakarm View Post
      People have broke ribs coughing.
      Ye true.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by blakarm View Post
        READ THE WHOLE THREAD WOMAN! (clue - post 5)
        Perhaps the query was "how the hell do you manage to dislocate a bone that is not jointed" rather than about the circumstances.

At a guess I'd reckon that you're talking about weakened ligaments between rib & sternum allowing excessive mobility of the rib rather than a rib having "popped out of socket" as one might normally consider a dislocation.

Whatever it is. Ouch. I got bruised ribs about 20 years ago when I was crushed against a barrier at a Megadeth gig and it hurt enough without anything becoming mobile or broken or anything!

But lets face it - it could've been worse. A passing deity made have stolen the rib and made a woman out of it.

Hope you have a speedy recovery dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
          Perhaps the query was "how the hell do you manage to dislocate a bone that is not jointed" rather than about the circumstances.

At a guess I'd reckon that you're talking about weakened ligaments between rib & sternum allowing excessive mobility of the rib rather than a rib having "popped out of socket" as one might normally consider a dislocation.

Whatever it is. Ouch. I got bruised ribs about 20 years ago when I was crushed against a barrier at a Megadeth gig and it hurt enough without anything becoming mobile or broken or anything!

But lets face it - it could've been worse. A passing deity made have stolen the rib and made a woman out of it.

An I was just about to say "yeah, what he said"

An then you went an spoilt it...... Lol
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post

True, the rib isnt a joint in as much as a knee or elbow, but articulated all the same (or the ribs wouldnt expand with the lungs for breathing).
            But the rib tore away fom the catiladge attaching it to the sternum altogether, and moved out of its normal positon. Therefore, entirely 'dislocated'. So says the doctor, and if dislocated is what he said it was, then dislocated I will take it as being!

Cheers for the well wishes. some flowers would be nice...

Comment

I have popped my ribs a couple of times,
              1st time I was about 21 and playing prop against an ex welsh prop who wanted to show me I was just a little kid and yes he did!!!! in the middle of the scrum he got undr me and squeezed my body, finally after some pain something had to make some room and the cartilage between the ribs popped out, hurts a fair bit.

Did it for the second time last weekend in the same way but this time I was hooker and it was my props that were crap!!! Did not hurt as much, and I manaed to play on for about another 10mins before it did hurt too much!!!

Yours sounds qitebad, mine only slowed me down and I have not played rugger the last 2 weeks (and wont play this week as the internationals are on).

Get well soon

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                Don't be so soft, i got a paper cut the other week, now that is painful.
                Now then Si,

If you want something REALLY nasty try a
                endoscopy, that's a tube pushed down your
                throat into the stomach, worst thing is no food
                for over 8 hours!! kinhel, I would'nt wish that on
                anyone. I had one yesterday a Jimmy's and I'm
                still retching at the memory of it.

Gman.
                If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                  Now then Si,

If you want something REALLY nasty try a
                  endoscopy, that's a tube pushed down your
                  throat into the stomach, worst thing is no food
                  for over 8 hours!! kinhel, I would'nt wish that on
                  anyone. I had one yesterday a Jimmy's and I'm
                  still retching at the memory of it.

Gman.
                  Endoscopy is a piece of cake, i have had two now.But colonoscopy now that is a different kettle of fish, i couldn't walk properly for two day's.

Comment

only bones i,ve broken were 4 toe,s when i kicked someone. [karate] the worst pain was when i caught my ___k in my zip

Comment

Wuss - endoscopy's are a walk in the park, uncomfortable but not painful !

Over the years I've had a few medical procedures including half a dozen lumbar punctures and a cortisone jab in my spine but the worst thing I've had was a liver biopsy ....

You have to be conscious as they have to go through the bottom of your ribs and they need you to hold your breath with your lungs empty- first there's a surface anaesthetic which stings a little, then there's the deep anaesthetic (a VERY long needle through your ribs into your diaphragm) a bit of force is needed to get it in - feels like you've been hit with a sledgehammer !

When you've had a few minutes to get your breath back they go for the big one - another ###### long needle but this one takes a quarter inch diameter core sample of your liver (Guy with BIGGER sledge hammer this time)

Now this is all rather unpleasant and considerably more painful than lumbar punctures etc but the real pain starts around 8 hours later when the anaesthetic starts to wear off - the nerves for your shoulders pass through your diaphragm and start to send signals to your brain as they gradually 'wake up'. The only option is not to move or talk and practice shallow breathing.

All this goes completely to pot when your wife comes to visit you and starts getting upset when she sees you in pain - you try to get rid of her which makes her worse and the vicious circle begins ...

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by riobenson View Post
                        Endoscopy is a piece of cake, i have had two now.But colonoscopy now that is a different kettle of fish, i couldn't walk properly for two day's.
                        Your just a masok, massa, you just like pain you do!!

Gman.

Comment

Nah - he's just another wuss !

My better half had one 18 months ago - her reaction was that it was unpleasant but not painful ....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Nah - he's just another wuss !

My better half had one 18 months ago - her reaction was that it was unpleasant but not painful ....

Hi Bob,

I'd say very unpleasant, as I don't go to the doc's on
                            a regular basis these procedures are quite a shock to
                            me, I'm just happy to be resonably well.

It only hurts when I laugh.

Let's all get well soon.

Gman.

Comment

This thread is turning into a monty python sketch.http://www.phespirit.info/montypytho...rkshiremen.htm

Hope you all make a full recovery.
                              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Wuss - endoscopy's are a walk in the park, uncomfortable but not painful !

Over the years I've had a few medical procedures including half a dozen lumbar punctures and a cortisone jab in my spine but the worst thing I've had was a liver biopsy ....

You have to be conscious as they have to go through the bottom of your ribs and they need you to hold your breath with your lungs empty- first there's a surface anaesthetic which stings a little, then there's the deep anaesthetic (a VERY long needle through your ribs into your diaphragm) a bit of force is needed to get it in - feels like you've been hit with a sledgehammer !

When you've had a few minutes to get your breath back they go for the big one - another ###### long needle but this one takes a quarter inch diameter core sample of your liver (Guy with BIGGER sledge hammer this time)

Now this is all rather unpleasant and considerably more painful than lumbar punctures etc but the real pain starts around 8 hours later when the anaesthetic starts to wear off - the nerves for your shoulders pass through your diaphragm and start to send signals to your brain as they gradually 'wake up'. The only option is not to move or talk and practice shallow breathing.

All this goes completely to pot when your wife comes to visit you and starts getting upset when she sees you in pain - you try to get rid of her which makes her worse and the vicious circle begins ...

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy !

sorry bob, but i have had a liver biopsy some years ago, the only thing painful about that was the bollocking i got for moving on the bed after they lined me up for the injection.lol

Comment

Working...
                                X