Just curious..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious..

Just wanted to find out what people think about something..

I read an article recently about a Nazi death camp guard who was being prosecuted for war crimes and I just wondered why we always hear about Nazi war crimes and Serbian war crimes etc. but we never hear of American war crimes or any other country from the so called 'west'. Do we hold ourselves above everyone else?

For instance....Nagasaki and Hiroshima, was it a war crime to bomb two civilian cities and kill thousands? ( men, women, children, babies).

Dresden?
    Vietnam?

Or even closer to home, the funding of the IRA?
    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

2.4 or 3 ltr?
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Radiator Cap and thermostat are always worth changing. Use Toyota parts though, they aren't much more expensive.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

LOL. Ooh, grown up topics...

No country in the 'West' (recently) has recently blatently killed a section of their population like the Nazi's, Serbs and most of Africa!

As for the other stuff, when you're properly at war with a country, its par for the course. You left out Warsaw, Tokyo, Coventry, Hull, London, etc.. off that list of Civilian wartime targets.

To much disinformation and personal agenda to get any decent perspective these days without dedicating a lifetime to it.

All humans are violent ########s, but the winner gets to write history.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by che2318 View Post
          Do we hold ourselves above everyone else?
          The Yanks used cluster bombs here (which are banned)

And they are exempt from war crimes,

They also haven't signed the non use of land mines charter,

(Tony N, add Croatians to your list)
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I am not America bashing, I am just highlighting a difference in what we condone and what we condem.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post

(Tony N, add Croatians to your list)
              lol, It wasn't 'the' definative list!

The point was, its flawed human nature to push your agenda, and undermine others. The Yanks have the biggest stick right now, so they get to say who joins the cool gang, and who are the geeky kids.

Till one true benevolent dictator rules the whole world, things will always be messy.

I can't see it happening.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

'All's fair in love and war' holds a certain amount of truth. I deliberately make the distinction from genocide here by the way.

Did you know that under the rules of the Geneva Convention, its illegal to use laser weapons to blind or otherwise injure, though its OK to use them to designate a target for a laser guided weapon? How mad is that?

I doubt anyone has been whiter than white in any modern war. As Tony said, they bombed Coventry (well, it looks like they did) so we bombed Dresden and so on.

I seem to remember someone tried to bring action against 'Bomber' Harris for the attacks on civilian targets during WW2...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Bomber Harris (my hero)

The avro Lancaster aka the toyota landcruiser ofww2 so many rivets so little time !!!

War is War, it is not pleasant no matter what weapon we use 7.62 or a daisy cutter people get killed

I love politicians me, dry roasted served on a bed of rice with a piquant sauce !
                  Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

I am ex-army myself. I was a Sapper.

I find it amazing that we can have so much technology and the ability to treat so many diseases yet we still fight over a piece of holy land, or over religion or even custard creams! (I gave a dead leg to the guy who stole the last biscuit from the tin! )

Comment

Scenario...

Asians declare Bradford is now separate from the UK.

No longer obey UK law, form a government and start burning non Asian properties and businesses. They also form an armed force of their own.

What would G. Brown do?

(I'm using Asians hypothetically, it could be seventh day Adventists)

Comment

Happy to see Bradford separate from the UK - just cos its minging.

Preferably as an island around 200Nm north west of Scotland, with Passports required.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          Happy to see Bradford separate from the UK - just cos its minging.

Preferably as an island around 200Nm north west of Scotland, with Passports required.
                          I concur, but what would one eye sam do?

Comment

Scenario...

Asians declare Bradford is now separate from the UK.

No longer obey UK law, form a government and start burning non Asian properties and businesses. They also form an armed force of their own.

What would G. Brown do?

(I'm using Asians hypothetically, it could be seventh day Adventists)
                            Mr G Brown would probably say "Carry On"!

Cheers, Nick
                            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

I concur, but what would one eye sam do?
                              turn a blind eye to it....
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X