Hmmm £30,000 for a 1993 LC 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm £30,000 for a 1993 LC 80

Is it just me or do others think this is expensive?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Id expect there is someone stupid enough to buy it for 30k.

dont think i would part with that amount of cash for it tho.
    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

nice motor but 30k is a bit steep

Comment

yes crazy money, aon another forum this is being sold for 8K

good value I think

Comment

OMG
          Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Bargain! I'll take two!!

That guy is optimism personified!

Nice.
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Effing outrageous. Don't care how many extras & mods it has. Still doesn't add up to £30k. Dreamer.

Comment

Its a £5k to £6k car with a ten grand bill from Frogs Island for the overland kit / prep. £30k is mental! £12k and he might just be lucky finding someone who wants a nice overlander, cos it is nice. Very nice.

As with all these things though, its worth whatever someone is prepared to pay. Good luck to him!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Its a £5k to £6k car with a ten grand bill from Frogs Island for the overland kit / prep. £30k is mental! £12k and he might just be lucky finding someone who wants a nice overlander, cos it is nice. Very nice.

As with all these things though, its worth whatever someone is prepared to pay. Good luck to him!
                  That is what I was thinking, 10K, 15K max!
                  Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

wow I think mine is going up for sale after the last few mods....

whahahahaha not....

Apache got the nail on the head....

a well at least they are trying.... hahaha
                    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

In my view anybody who pays that or anywhere near it, wants his bumps feeling, but as Apache says, its worth what someone will pay for it and he knows that from experience in selling his Surf, which most people would probably have valued at far less than he got, but which found a buyer prepared to pay extra for the labour and the doodads which made it a little different.

Bogus
                      Сви можемо

Comment

Apaches truck was worth what he got for it, but I bet he still didn't get back what he put in to it. But between what it actually cost him, and a stock truck the same age, the price he got was ok.

Same for this truck, it could have easily cost them £30k to get it where it is, but most people won't pay that all in one go, plus all the stuff on it is well used, not new. £10-5k and someone would actually get a good deal, but its hard to see it this way when you have £30k's worth of receipts i guess!
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          Apaches truck was worth what he got for it, but I bet he still didn't get back what he put in to it.
                          Damn straight.

It p1sses me off a bit all this talk of 'not worth that'. Yes, you can find a dog of a 3.0 for £1500 (though you MIGHT be lucky... its a chance you take), and will likely be doing lots of work for MOTs and lots more if you actually want it to be capable and reliable offroad.

My truck was easily worth £3k (and I've had higher offers since actually as the ad was still up in other places) as it had a very open and known history, it had ALL of the wear and tear dealt with, it had NEVER failed an MOT (which is a good indication of careful and diligent servicing) and it had most of the necessary mods to make it suitable for reliable offroad use.

Yes Tony, as we know I spent sh1tloads over the years, but I'm not daft enough to think I'd get it all back. It was a great truck, and the new owner is very happy with it.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            It was a great truck, and the new owner is very happy with it.

It is, and he should be!

Finding a decently modified truck is huge money saving on buying a stock one and buying all the stuff yourself.

Although there something nice about building it all from scratch to.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Would the owner have made one of those declarations that they won't sell the vehicle when they went into the country? Why would you buy a truck thats in Peru, when chances are they won't let you take it out of the country?
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X