radio expander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio expander

How the hell do you get the kenwood radio casset cd player out of a 94 kzn 130? Please dont say with great difficulty Ineed all the help i can get as all my tools are inch drive so working on this im liabl to rip it apart kc60

Hi and welcome, not to sure how your post got missed but there is a good write up here

http://daemon4x4.org/tech/hiluxsurf/workshop/dash3.htm
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

The first job I did when I got my Surf (a 2nd Gen 95 SSRX) was to replace the radio. I did it using the instructions here, though this example is a LHD truck so you'll need to reverse everything.

It was easy, even though it looks like I could have pulled out a lot fewer pieces of trim judging by the version posted above. Duh! Anyway, at least pulling the whole of the lower trim off let me check whether the front speakers were any good and also run some wires for a sub.

I put an Alpine CDE-103BT in. I'm really pleased with the sound, but the aperture in the Surf is a little bit on the snug side. I might have a go at taking it out again and use some spacers to make it fit better.

You may also find that you need a JASO-ISO antenna adapter depending on what you fit, and what aerial you have. I had to drive down to Maplins with the lower trim panels pressed back into place as I didn't realise I'd need one. It was about £4.

Happy Surfing!

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X