• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spraybar mod

http://www.yotatech.com/f130/radiato...erheat-147573/
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Cool.
    I had a similar idea using the headlight washers off the Lexus.

Comment

a good idea, but I think if he just removed his number plate from the radiator it would work fine!!!

Comment

Sounds like a nice little "mod" i could have a fiddle with! love a good fiddle,
        my patented "loose crank pully" sensor is still working ok
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Let us know what you knock up pops! remember the pics!
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms View Post
            a good idea, but I think if he just removed his number plate from the radiator it would work fine!!!
            It's not on the engine coolant radiator.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Cool.
              I had a similar idea using the headlight washers off the Lexus.
              I'd do something like that, rather than squirting jets of water at it. The more atomisation you get, the better it will work?

Comment

Interesting.......

........,But im not sure that i see much point. Surely the under bonnet temps would be getting to the level that he would just be spraying hot water onto the radiator? Would a much better option be to fit something like an Iszu Trooper bonnet scoop turned backwards. The aerodynamic effect of air flowing over the bonnet should suck hot air out through the vent, greatly lowering the temperature in the engine bay and allowing an increased volume of cooler air to pass through the radiator. Any thoughts , anyone? Cheers , Mick
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                  ........,But im not sure that i see much point. Surely the under bonnet temps would be getting to the level that he would just be spraying hot water onto the radiator?
                  That's why it should be atomised first.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                    ........,But im not sure that i see much point. Surely the under bonnet temps would be getting to the level that he would just be spraying hot water onto the radiator? Would a much better option be to fit something like an Iszu Trooper bonnet scoop turned backwards. The aerodynamic effect of air flowing over the bonnet should suck hot air out through the vent, greatly lowering the temperature in the engine bay and allowing an increased volume of cooler air to pass through the radiator. Any thoughts , anyone? Cheers , Mick
                    I made my own extractor hood, works well.

Comment

Just the ticket.

Thats just the sort of thing i was thinking of. How much does it improve cooling? .....And by the way, Beutifully engineered rig. Credit to ya! cheers Mick.
                      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Right! haveing a think and i'd do this!! (i think) you know when you buy a new gas cooker/hob? you get a set of replacement propane (or whatever the alternative to natural gas is) little brass jets with it, i got some of them, if i soldered some into a copper tube and angled em to spray down into the rad that would give a good mist i reccon!
                        i'd look round for a better (more powerfull) little 12v pump and a bigger tank for the water,
                        with a 2.4 probably need a couple of 25ltr cans strapped to the roof
                        or i got a spare fuel tank looking for a purpose in life
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Brilliant, glad my wee post inspired you, looking forward to the finished thing.
                          Alan

Comment

I did this on my old S2 turbo, was for the intercooler to cool the charge however. I used a spraybar from an aquarium..still wasn't atomised, but a nicer spray than a few slits hacked into a tube.

As for under bonnet temps, a popular mod was to put lifting blocks on the bonnet hinge. Simple, and it did work, only drawback was everyone stopping to tell you your bonnet is open

shameless plug..

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                              Right! haveing a think and i'd do this!! (i think) you know when you buy a new gas cooker/hob? you get a set of replacement propane (or whatever the alternative to natural gas is) little brass jets with it, i got some of them, if i soldered some into a copper tube and angled em to spray down into the rad that would give a good mist i reccon!
                              i'd look round for a better (more powerfull) little 12v pump and a bigger tank for the water,
                              with a 2.4 probably need a couple of 25ltr cans strapped to the roof
                              or i got a spare fuel tank looking for a purpose in life
                              Just run a feed from the overflow tank. Simples.
                              Next question? Im here all night.

Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X