Advice needed on buying a surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by herbman View Post
    Thanks for the advice I have been and had a look at it and talked to the owner. He is going to put some more pics on when he has cleaned it tomorrow. Body work looks sound, took it for a drive and once it had warmed it drove lovely was a lot quieter than I expected. He said that the fault on the glow plug circuit had been there when he got the truck but was wired to a large key switch straight to the battery. He changed it so it is connected through the relay to a fused ignition live operated by a switch. The exhaust just needs a bend and small straight section on the end.
    The temp guage never went above half way even off road.
    He told me that he has never changed the fluid in the gearbox and was told that it could be the cause of the slow pull away.
    He even took me out in it with a large trailor on the back with a tonne of sand on and it was as if it wasn't there.
    There was hardly any noise when steering is turned left to right.
    So what do you think he says he would consider offers of around 550 to 600. Is it worth it?
    I'd have his arm off at £550. Buy it, now.
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Owner of this surf has now changed the pics, looks good for it's year. Am still debating wether to buy or not?

Comment

Originally posted by herbman View Post
        Owner of this surf has now changed the pics, looks good for it's year. Am still debating wether to buy or not?
        That statement had a question mark at the end?

Think everyone's said the same thing - if you can get it sub £600 ish, it's probably worth it for a project if you're able to take it on and don't mind cutting your losses if it turns out bad.

If it's driving well and you reckon the head's good, it's probably worth the money.
        Andy
        http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Working...
        X