yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pointing me lights in the right direction??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pointing me lights in the right direction??

howdi all, I have just put me surf through it's first "with me" MOT and it went well. errr ish.

I need to source if poss a new rear section of exhaust for a 2.4 2lt surf supposed to be an s shaped piece of pipe and back box and the fixing bracket.

and more important than that some tech help on how to get my head lights pointing towards earth with out fixing the old saggy arse syndrome.

also is it hard/am i likely to blow up or melt me truck if i try to fit a new fog lamp on me own, is it a hard fix???

thanks all for any info.

ciao

milners or roughtrax for the exhaust.You don't require the small box on it tho over here so don't panic if you get one with out it.
    Get the mot tester to re-align the lights for you
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

excellent thank you muchly

Comment

Originally posted by treebandido View Post
        excellent thank you muchly
        You could actually fix your suspension problem of course.
        Apart from looking bad on the road, the handling must be affected if it's really low.
        Didn't the MOT fella fail it on this or at least make it an advisory?
        Surprising if he didn't...

Comment

You can adjust the headlight beams. How fiddley it is depends on which gen of Surf you have.
          For 2nd gens the headlight pan & tilt adjustment's are two little screws in front of the headlight, ones top centre, the others inside centre. Have a look here
          3rd gens are a bit more of a pain in the arse, there are two adjuster wheels on the back of the headlight. Unfortunatoly they are positioned in such a way as only a contortionist could get to them easily without removing washer bottles, plastic covers, batteries and other bits.
          Either way my advice is pay the garage doing the retest to set the lights up for you. They'll have a target chart to calibrate your lights, far more accurate that you adjusting them by hand basically. Should only cost about a tenner, worth it alone for not having to muck about in the cold/dark adjusting them yourself!

Comment

Working...
          X