PLease Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by che2318 View Post
    well, i was thinking that a remap can increase the effiency so ill be getting more power from the fuel im using. being it an old engine and all that.
    They can't be re-mapped.
    They were set-up for a compromise between economy/performance/reliability.

The power to weight ratio of the 2.4 Surf is rubbish compared to the 3.0.
    Probably why Toyota favoured the 3.0 (diesel) in subsequent models.

The only successful way to get any more power out of the 2.4 and to retain standard (ish) economy is to fit either an intercooler or a more free-flowing exhaust system.

Re-newing the injectors can help in regaining some lost power in an old engine too.

Comment

Like he said! forget about fuel economy and speed if you have a 2.4 (like me) the best you can hope for is a bit better than it is now, i've done several things to try and get it up to a near "non-embarassing standard", intercooler, 3" s/s exhaust with a straight through muffler, junked the EGR, waste gate washers, clicked up the compensator on the pump, junked the air-con, and a $hit load of stuff to try and keep the temp's down,
      next (when i can afford) is new/recon injectors,
      run a load of redex or auto trans fluid through it over a few weeks and that alone should improve it no end,
      (or junk the fecker and get a 3ltr)
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Like he said! forget about fuel economy and speed if you have a 2.4 (like me) the best you can hope for is a bit better than it is now, i've done several things to try and get it up to a near "non-embarassing standard", intercooler, 3" s/s exhaust with a straight through muffler, junked the EGR, waste gate washers, clicked up the compensator on the pump, junked the air-con, and a $hit load of stuff to try and keep the temp's down,
        next (when i can afford) is new/recon injectors,
        run a load of redex or auto trans fluid through it over a few weeks and that alone should improve it no end,
        (or junk the fecker and get a 3ltr)

LOL.

I have already put in a load of redex over the last two weeks and im going to do the injectors when i can.

thinking about doing the exhaust rather than the intercooler.

I have heard that getting rid of the EGR can increase economy so may give that a try.
        My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Working...
        X