May be getting a new toy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May be getting a new toy.

Don't know what to go for & won't be for 3 months yet.

Here's my short list.
    CBR 600
    YZF 600 THUNDERCAT
    R6
    BANDIT 600.

Not had any of them in the past so would'nt mind a bit of help.

Oh & im a dry weather poof that's not had his knee down "YET"
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Originally posted by si tate View Post
    Don't know what to go for & won't be for 3 months yet.

Here's my short list.
    CBR 600
    YZF 600 THUNDERCAT
    R6
    BANDIT 600.

Not had any of them in the past so would'nt mind a bit of help.

Oh & im a dry weather poof that's not had his knee down "YET"
    Thundercats are a bit old now the R6 was a big improvement (I have a 1999 R6)

Bandit is a totally different style bike more naked street fighter ish fair bit less power too.
    Depends on what year CBRs you are looking at but I love my R6 and of the older CBRs vs R6 I would chose the R6

Comment

Out of all of them i am more swayed towards a CBR but only cos ive had a go on one.
      Yours looks very tidy mate & i do like the colour.

Oh i should also state that i'll have about £3500/£4000 to spend.

Comment

From a style point of view it would be the Bandit every time for me. The trouble would be finding one in relatively standard condition (or at least one that doesn't look like a dog's ar$e with a hat on!)

From a fun point of view I don't think I've ever used a bike that wasn't bags of fun - from Honda C90s, YZF750s, 400cc jap imports, big BMW tourers, trail bikes, they're all a hoot if you want to have a bit of fun.

Personally, I reckon you're probably limiting yourself with the choices you've listed. What I tend to do is keep an eye out for cheap part ex clearance bikes or damaged repairables. I always know that the bike isn't 100% perfect from the start so when it gets knocks & scratches I don't lose any sleep over it!

For the sort of money you're saying you should be able to pick up a 1200 Bandit or CB1000 I would've thought. Depends on what sorta thing you fancy - I'm guessing a sports bike (not really my scene but whatever floats your boat really!)

From a sporty point of view I'd take a look at GSXRs and Fireblades. Or even something a bit different like a big V-twin sports (Aprilia, Suzuki, Honda). There are tons of bargains around if you have a careful look around. It's definitely a buyers market at the mo cos of the recession. Bikes are, after all, just toys for most folks these days.

Whatever you get - enjoy! And ride safe!

Comment

The Thundercat is a brilliant all-rounder, it'd be my choice. CBR and R6 are great fun but you'll feel it in your wrists and back.
          En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

For everyday riding, the CBR wins no contest.
            The R6 is a track day bike, end of!
            Bandits are fun but tiring on motorways.
            Thundercats are an inbetweeny.

Now wise up and spend the money on a sorted Landcruiser instead!

Comment

For everyday use, from that list, the CBR600(RR would be better?). Look at big twins too, easier to ride, less tiring and more room than 600s.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I have a XJR 1300 With over a £1000 of extras on up for sale.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=53585
                Last edited by madison; 14 February 2010, 21:28.
                Live the dream.......

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  For everyday riding, the CBR wins no contest.
                  The R6 is a track day bike, end of!
                  Bandits are fun but tiring on motorways.
                  Thundercats are an inbetweeny.

Now wise up and spend the money on a sorted Landcruiser instead!
                  Depends on the year bikes. The newer CBRs are very small the older CBRs are more of a tourer.
                  I find my R6 fantastic on the road doesn't give me any back problems wrist etc. Anybody that says differently ether hasn't tried one, is to old or is to tall to fit it comfortably.

Comment

It really depends on what you want from the bike mate, Bushwhacker and Albannach are spot on from one point of view, out of your list if I wanted a good allrounder it would be the CBR no question, if you want a real pocket rocket then the R6, the Bandit is an excellent town bike and easy to work on (no fairings to take off and all accessable) but longer distance would require a better screen or you'll take a real battering from the wind.
                    Have used/owned all the bikes from your list but from different ages and you have a very diverse list there really depending on what your after.
                    With the money your looking to throw into it I would definately look at what type of riding your likley to be doing for the majority of the time and try as many bikes as you can before commiting, after all, the above is what I have found from past experience but may feel completley wrong for you.

Oh, and don't forget wieghts of the bikes either, if you have a lot of manouvering to do depending on where you keep it can be a real PITA.
                    Neal

Comment

Thanks for the info fella's & like i said its not for a while yet.
                      Its gunna be just my weekend toy so i'll only be putting about 2/3000 on it a year. The reason i put 600's up is because thats all ive been used to & never really thought i'd need anything bigger but a few people have mentioned 1000's & 1200's but never really felt the need for anything that big.

Oh & there is the option of the LC if it come's to it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        Thanks for the info fella's & like i said its not for a while yet.
                        Its gunna be just my weekend toy so i'll only be putting about 2/3000 on it a year. The reason i put 600's up is because thats all ive been used to & never really thought i'd need anything bigger but a few people have mentioned 1000's & 1200's but never really felt the need for anything that big.

Oh & there is the option of the LC if it come's to it.
                        A 600 is plenty for you, being a little'un.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          A 600 is plenty for you, being a little'un.
                          Thats what i thought, i can hardly hold a push bike up.

Comment

Big mistake selling my GSX1100.
                            Still got the leathers, boots & hat. Maybe one day.....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveHMS View Post
                              Big mistake selling my GSX1100.
                              Still got the leathers, boots & hat. Maybe one day.....
                              HAT
                              When did you last ride a bike
                              Neal

Comment

Working...
                              X