No announcement yet.

they're finally here!!!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way i see it is that all this kinda stuff, all be it not perfect, but a step in the right direction none the less. Im over the moon that people are finally starting to produce and develop other means of transport. Theres more than one way to get from A to B.
    Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
      the next generation of batteries will last a lifetime.
      <Homer> "Lisa, in this family, we OBEY the laws of thermodynamics!!!"

In other words, every time you change chemical energy to electrical energy and vice-versa you do it with an efficiency <1. Ergo, a rechargeable battery will lose capacity each and every time you use it. Efficiency will improve, but battery packs will always need replacing after a time.
      Last edited by Apache; 2 March 2010, 13:21.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        <Homer> "Lisa, in this family, we OBEY the laws of thermodynamics!!!"

In other words, every time you change chemical energy to electrical energy and vice-versa you do it with an efficiency <1. Ergo, a rechargeable battery will lose capacity each and every time you use it. Efficiency will improve, but battery packs will always need replacing after a time.
        Fair point. Im in favour of both elctric and hydrogen cars anyway. Im not putting down the hydrogen car by any means. I just favour the electric car more so because of the 2 gear novelty and the different driving feeling it gives.
        And the one in my first link you can take the top off of it! That for me is bl00dy awsome!
        Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Working...
        X