Is this worth the dosh ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this worth the dosh ?????

1996(N) SSR-G, non intercooled, 50,000 miles, clean, handles well with no obvious flaws - priced at £10k

Not particularly cheap but is it a rip off ?

Ta !
    Life is too important to take seriously !

Originally posted by Predictable Bob
    1996(N) SSR-G, non intercooled, 50,000 miles, clean, handles well with no obvious flaws - priced at £10k

Ta !
    maybe, maybe not??? got any pics of it. Price does vary from dealer to dealer, I don't mind sometimes paying a little extra if after sales care etc is good.
    Also depends of all the added extras it may have, hard really to tell without a pic and detailed description.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

It really depends on what it is worth to you.
      Has it got the options that you want? Is it in your favourite colour? Do you trust the seller? Has it got a good warranty? Do you really, really want this vehicle?
      As a guide my wife and I have just purchased a 1997 (P reg) SSR-X Limited from a dealer. Like the one that you have seen it seemed to be a good example of the marque. It had 5 new tyres, it was fully serviced and valeted and the dealer was offering a comprehensive parts and labour warrenty for 6 months.
      OK, it had 117,000 km on the clock, but what the hell, it's a diesel!
      It was also in our favourite colour combination of black and silver - which I am told is very rare in Japan.
      All of which meant that we really, really wanted that particular vehicle, so we paid just shy of £10,000. (This is the couple who were originally looking for a 2.4 1992 at around £5k!!
      The colour, the shape, the toys just sold it to us - the dealer didn't really have to do anything.
      Which brings me back to my original point - is it worth it to you?
      Cheers
      Keith
      PS pics of our Surf are in the General forum under "Got it!!! Surf is here!!" or something like that.
      Last edited by s2-wolf; 9 June 2004, 19:31.
      Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Ta !
        Mine was £8900 a year ago with 132,000Km on the clock. Don't think I'd pay more than 10k especially as there are more and more 3rd gens coming into the country now. Room for some negotiation methinks. Depends what condition it's in though I suppose and whether it's got the options you want.

Comment

mmmmmmm

i paid 8500 for mine a year ago but as was said if ya like it then sod it go for it
          black n tan
          black n tan
          yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

As above a tad DEAR !
            More and more are around, even up in here in Scotland !
            I paid 8500 for a P Reg ( thro this forum ) all singing and dancing A1 condition 7 weeks ago ( private sale ) which is good deal.
            Look around, dont rush.
            I have been looking to import ( d.i.y ) another one for my wife and what some of the dealers make is quite considerable. Ok a bit risky etc etc but others have and saved.
            My advice find 2 you like close by and play one off against the other !!!!!!
            Good luck
            Craig
            3RD GEN 3.0TD 1996 SSR-X BLUE OVER SILVER

Comment

Thanks guys but ...

Went back to negotiate this afternoon - the salesman was out so I had a good look at the Surf ....

I found a few bits I wasn't happy with including an oil leak from somewhere near the back of the gearbox so when the dealer appeared I asked him what the score was and his response was 'If you want the faults fixed then it's the ticket price - I've got other people interested'.

Given that it didn't match my exact requirements, i.e. intercooled and cruise control, I walked.

Thanks for the help anyway - it looked good but not good enough.
              Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
              X