Rear Demister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Demister

While rooting round the back of the truck, solving my blocked rear wash ( stuck ball bearing in a valve) I decided to take off the rear door carpet panel, then a funny shaped black metal cover to see what i could do about the grease that deposits on the window every time i use it. Couldn't really see how thats happening, BUT thought id have a look at the rear demister.
    Found the terminal eventually and there doesn't seem to be any loose wire in the vicinity of the spade. ( from what i can see the connection seems intact)
    To get a better look, how do i dismantle the door further so i can get at the base area of the glass. ( i could on see this by looking horizontally thru the gaps in the steel panel covering the motor.)

thanks
    nigel
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

the only other way is to strip the mechanism right out of the tailgate,
    I would think the wire is damaged between the tailgate and the floor of the boot area
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      the only other way is to strip the mechanism right out of the tailgate,
      I would think the wire is damaged between the tailgate and the floor of the boot area
      Mmmm, sounds like a lot of work and an ideal opportunity to screwup the rear window mechanism...

Comment

you can wind the glass out while the boot is open just be sure to support it else it will crack. it you get a screwdriver and lock the mechanism it will fool the boot in to thinking it is closed then wind the window up a bit and the bottom runners will become visable.

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
          you can wind the glass out while the boot is open just be sure to support it else it will crack. it you get a screwdriver and lock the mechanism it will fool the boot in to thinking it is closed then wind the window up a bit and the bottom runners will become visable.
          tried to look for a button type thing to fool the window but coulnt find one, whats it look like and where abouts is it.
          thanks
          nig

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
            tried to look for a button type thing to fool the window but coulnt find one, whats it look like and where abouts is it.
            thanks
            nig
            You need to close the two catches on the side that hold the tailgate closed when you shut it. Easiest way to do this is with a screwdriver and push the catches till they lock, you can then use the key to raise the window but be very carefull otherwise the glass will break if not supported.

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
              You need to close the two catches on the side that hold the tailgate closed when you shut it. Easiest way to do this is with a screwdriver and push the catches till they lock, you can then use the key to raise the window but be very carefull otherwise the glass will break if not supported.
              thanks, how many connections should i be looking for, ive only seen the one so far and no sign of wire. im assuming, if its become detached from the spade, and i can catch hold of it, thr wire will be long enough to reattach with the window up ???

Comment

the rear demist works when the window is closed so it must attach with the window up. if it is to short there is your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                  the rear demist works when the window is closed so it must attach with the window up. if it is to short there is your problem!
                  Ahhh by the reside of grease or something thats always being left on the window when used, i suspect someones had it apart before i bought it. Id love to get hold of new window seals as well if you know they can be bought somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X