Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removable rear top?

Hi guys!

I've been reading this forum for a while now as I'm looking to purchase a Surf sometime in the next month or so. I've been looking at the 2.4 models especially, largely using Auto Trader and saw an advert that mentioned a removable rear top. Is this true? Can you get Surfs with removable hard tops?

Cheers guys,

- Tim

I think the 1st gen ones (pre '89?) had removable rear tops, as back then they were more of of pickup+added top. If it's pre '89 (pre F-reg I think) then that may be the answer.

geoff.

Comment

Originally posted by timbo
      Hi guys!

I've been reading this forum for a while now as I'm looking to purchase a Surf sometime in the next month or so. I've been looking at the 2.4 models especially, largely using Auto Trader and saw an advert that mentioned a removable rear top. Is this true? Can you get Surfs with removable hard tops?

Cheers guys,

- Tim
      This sounds like a 1st generation 4runner. I had one of these, though never removed the top as it was held in place by various bolts. It isn't quick or easy, as for soft or hard tops that are specifically designed to be. Also, the area above the cab is non-removable, so it seems barely worth it !

Comment

Originally posted by timbo
        Hi guys!

Cheers guys,

- Tim
        Its a 1st gen as the guys say...
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Ok thanks; that'll be why it's not mentioned on any of the newer models then! Cheers guys!

- Tim

Comment

Working...
          X