feeling sorry for a BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeling sorry for a BMW

Just passed a BMW 5 series that had generated a huge cloud of smoke on the motorway he was on the hard shoulder and was he was fine.
    But it looked like a catastrophic failure, it was not the typical overheating steam cloud, this was heavy haze with the smell of fried engine oil... I can feel sorry for his wallet right now.....
    Last edited by Vultch; 6 February 2010, 19:05.

Back in the day Baby

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
    Just passed a BMW 5 series that had generated a huge cloud of smoke on the motorway he was on the hard shoulder and was he was fine.
    But it looked like a catastrophic failure, it was not the typical overheating steam cloud, this was heavy haze with the smell of fried engine oil... I can feel sorry for his wallet right now.....
    I remember a similar thing happening to me on a motorbike once. When an engine blows up it's pretty spectacular! Looked just like when an F1 engine lets go on telly...

What had happened was one of the con rods snapped and poked a hole about 2 inches across in the front of the engine. Nice view inside the engine but not something I particularly wanted to happen while I was driving along the M25 at night in bad weather with an HGV bearing down on me!

Needless to say, it was a bit of a brown trouser moment and the bike went off to a breakers not much later...

Comment

I might feel sorry for him if it wasn't a BMW

No disrespect to any BMW drivers on here but why when you get behind the wheel of a BMW do you feel the need to drive like a complete _ _ _ _ (use verb of your choice)

Don't get me wrong when I've driven a BMW I did the same!
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I know....I can't help myself either at times when i take my beast out.......

Back in the day Baby

Comment

i was the same with my bmw got to slow down now i only got the surf lol
          but at least i wont get stuck on a patch of wet grass anymore

Comment

In fairness, i think BMW drivers are getting better, it seems to be Audi drivers that are more annoying now. And Yes, i have owned BMW's, and always tried to be polite, let people out at junctions etc. I believe in driving Karma, be good to others, and others will be good to me.
            Anyways, enough been bags and fluffy cushions. I saw a Series 2 V12 XJ12 Jaaaaaag blow up on the M5 on the way to Somerset once. The engine must have completely blown up, we got covered in oil and debris and had are car hit by all manor of metal shrapnel from the engine. We had a white Rover 820 (not seen one of them in a while), which got covered in oil. That night it was then parked up in a totally random sand storm, before getting coated in hay as well. The car was a right state afterwards.

Comment

Working...
            X