Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh No! Please Help...

Hello everyone.

I noticed this morning that there were no exhaust coming out of my tail pipe. Took surf to a tyre and exhaust place who lifted her up for me to see that almost the whole lot is rotted away with the back end hanging off.

Now I'm really stuck with what to do as the place said no way could they find the parts as it's an import (Surprise eh?). I live in Greenwich, London so does anyone know anyone who is close by that can help? I Have a 1993 KZN130.

I would be very grateful for any ideas?

Cheers guys...

Bud
    I told the butcher I'd give him £25 if he got the meat down off the top shelf. He said he couldn't. The steaks were too high.

rough trax and milners do them mail order or as I did on mine get your local tyre exhasut place to get one for a 4Runner
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Thanks Koi

So the 4Runner exhaust system will fit?

Cheers,

Bud
      I told the butcher I'd give him £25 if he got the meat down off the top shelf. He said he couldn't. The steaks were too high.

Comment

I got a stainless one made up from the front cross pipe back exiting a little tighter behind the rear wheel - less likely to get caught up from Powerflow franchise with a lifetime garentee, sorry cant remember the actual cost but seem to remember not a lot more than replacing with ordinary, 2 yrs on (I think) still good! (I think around £260 fitted)
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

got mine done at longlife, bout 3 years ago. Little bit more expensive than standard exhausts, but worth it I feel.http://www.longlife.co.uk/dealer-locator/default.aspxLook at the link for your nearest dealer.
          www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Don't worry mate exhaust fitters don't go to the same school as heart surgeons, they will make nearly any exhaust fit. I got mine mail order straight to the garage from Milners.... job took just over an hour... no prob

Back in the day Baby

Comment

When mine broke off /fell away
              I fitted another front silencer welded a return bend (side exit) just in front of the rear n/s wheel saving half the cost straight away ...
              Good Luck

"Cos short cuts never work in the long Term"
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

PECO do one for the surf - seems like a reasonable price for a stainless steel exhaust - I'm planning on putting one on mine when i need to replace my exhaust.

I always wanted a Peco Exhaust when I had my Mini !

http://www.potn.co.uk/p1434344.htm

Not much more than a standard system at £250 delivered - then just got to fit it!

Just noticed you've got a KZN 130 not LN 130 but i expect they do one for that model too
                Last edited by puddlesurfer; 7 February 2010, 13:34.
                “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by colour10 View Post
                  Hello everyone.

I noticed this morning that there were no exhaust coming out of my tail pipe. Took surf to a tyre and exhaust place who lifted her up for me to see that almost the whole lot is rotted away with the back end hanging off.

Now I'm really stuck with what to do as the place said no way could they find the parts as it's an import (Surprise eh?). I live in Greenwich, London so does anyone know anyone who is close by that can help? I Have a 1993 KZN130.

I would be very grateful for any ideas?

Cheers guys...

Bud
                  Hello there,
                  Your options are to either buy a steel one from roughtrax as suggested above, OR, you could either have a custom made exhaust which would improve fuel economy / power and be guaranteed for life made from rust proof stainless. If your'e interested in the 2nd option let me know, I should be able to get forum members a discount. If you want to look into this yourself then the company is called Longlife exhausts. You can find their details if using google
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by New surfer? View Post
                    PECO do one for the surf - seems like a reasonable price for a stainless steel exhaust - I'm planning on putting one on mine when i need to replace my exhaust.

I always wanted a Peco Exhaust when I had my Mini !

http://www.potn.co.uk/p1434344.htm

Not much more than a standard system at £250 delivered - then just got to fit it!

Just noticed you've got a KZN 130 not LN 130 but i expect they do one for that model too
                    Without a discount at Longlife you're looking at around that price, and it has a lifetime guarantee that is transferable
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by murph View Post
                      got mine done at longlife, bout 3 years ago. Little bit more expensive than standard exhausts, but worth it I feel.http://www.longlife.co.uk/dealer-locator/default.aspxLook at the link for your nearest dealer.
                      Just noticed this!

I used to run the Carshalton branch, many years ago.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

wow!
                        i expected a full stainless system to cost a lot more.
                        a hole in the exhaust was one of my MOT fails last weekend.
                        i havent repaired it yet but had a look at it today and theres a 7" slit in the bend beneath the drivers feet. gonna bandage it for now but am seriously considering buying a full system.

im only a few miles from longlife in ayr so may take a trip down one weekend for a nosey.

cool thread

Comment

Hey all, thanks for the advice. I ended up driving from London to Bristol to pick up a full front to back from RoughTrax. I opted for generic parts as the Toyota bits were a bit too much. RoughTrax gave me the bits and I ended up paying £389 then another £40 for a mate to fit it in Exeter.

Should have got the stainless steel you think? Bit late now I spose....

Also, the fitter said I didn't need the front down pipe, that bit cost £170 and is brand new sitting in the back of the truck still. I work all hours during the week so cant get to a post office to send it back even though they did offer to refund it.

Cheers,

Bud

Comment

Originally posted by colour10 View Post
                            Hey all, thanks for the advice. I ended up driving from London to Bristol to pick up a full front to back from RoughTrax. I opted for generic parts as the Toyota bits were a bit too much. RoughTrax gave me the bits and I ended up paying £389 then another £40 for a mate to fit it in Exeter.

Should have got the stainless steel you think? Bit late now I spose....

Also, the fitter said I didn't need the front down pipe, that bit cost £170 and is brand new sitting in the back of the truck still. I work all hours during the week so cant get to a post office to send it back even though they did offer to refund it.

Cheers,

Bud
                            WOW that was a dent in the wallet. I suppose in two or three years if you have the truck still then you can replace it with a cheaper stainless system.
                            You wont ever need to replace the downpipe unless you leave the truck sitting for years in very long grass. The placement of the front pipe is such that it is the hottest part of the exhaust and the most shielded. Because of this water doesnt tend to get to it to rust it out.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I was cheap compared to what I paid for a genuine Toyota system... but then mine was for the 3:0 V6 Petrol Surf and it had to be ordered from Japan and I ended up waiting 6 weeks!
                              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
                              X