Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Installation Help!!

Hi peeps,

Wrong place I know but in need of urgent assistance please. I'm trying to remove & replace my factory radio. Can someone please help with how to remove the fascia? It's a 1990 (H) 2.4td manual.

It's only kinky the first time...

When I was removing the fascia the other week to get at the front speakers everything came apart fairly easily. Lots of screws/bolts/torx thingies (I suspect it had been apart before and had had missing screws replaced with whatever was available!)

There are screws inside the glove box so you'll need that open to get those out. When you come around to removing the fascia around the steering wheel it kinda clips & then pulls apart - a bit like the battery compartment on a TV remote control (!) if you see what I mean?

I haven't had the central bit out so I can't help you there apart from recommending the following thread / link:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=audio+wiring

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
      When I was removing the fascia the other week to get at the front speakers everything came apart fairly easily. Lots of screws/bolts/torx thingies (I suspect it had been apart before and had had missing screws replaced with whatever was available!)

There are screws inside the glove box so you'll need that open to get those out. When you come around to removing the fascia around the steering wheel it kinda clips & then pulls apart - a bit like the battery compartment on a TV remote control (!) if you see what I mean?

I haven't had the central bit out so I can't help you there apart from recommending the following thread / link:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=audio+wiring

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf
      Hi & thank you. I did find that installer link on my google search earlier but had discounted it as it was all pics of a left hand drive whereas mine is right hand. Easiy confused you see. Having looked at it more thoroughly I think I can translate it better to my needs.

Thanks a lot for your help & I shall most prob attempt it tomorrow. Now the sun has gone down!! Wish me luck!!

Comment

I followed the second link when I done mine. it's accurate.
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

http://daemon4x4.org/tech/hiluxsurf/workshop/dash3.htm

Comment

1, remove panel under steering wheel,
            2, remove glove box
            3, remove panel under ash tray
            4, you should now be able to remove the panel covering radio but make sure you pop off the heater nobs/toggles and the little panel around the fan and air con buttons (carefull as this is flimsy) you should then have access to 4 screws that hold the radie in....

been a year since i last did this and the written paperwork with pics for RH drive i had have long since gone (the guy in halfords printed them out and gave them too me lol) but im pretty sure its the process

hope this helps

Comment

thats the one i used to change mine so now i have a japanese tv / cassette / sat nav unit for sale

Comment

I managed to change my'n out and fix the instument lights too, I managed to get enough slack in theleft/right pannels to get to most of it, without removing a lot more bits.

peace
                cal
                Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
                  Hi & thank you. I did find that installer link on my google search earlier but had discounted it as it was all pics of a left hand drive whereas mine is right hand. Easiy confused you see. Having looked at it more thoroughly I think I can translate it better to my needs.

Thanks a lot for your help & I shall most prob attempt it tomorrow. Now the sun has gone down!! Wish me luck!!
                  Any luck with it? How did things go today?

Comment

last i heard 3 units of the fire brigade had to attend the scene

Comment

I got distracted by the water flumes at the local swimming pool.

I've also had probs with the battery now too so i'm gonna get that changed first & then attempt it. It will be this weekend for sure. Great way to spend valentines!! Tinkering with my lovely beast.

When done it will be one of those t.v, cd, dvd & radio etc.... thingies. Just gotta figure out where/how the hell to mount the t.v. aerial.

I'd have loved it if there were three fire engines turned up to help. I'm so easily pleased!

Cheers for all your help & suggestions & i shall put some pics up once it's done. Now i have a photo bucket account! What a muck about it was to put a pic up before.

Comment

Working...
                      X