Injector/Stud Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector/Stud Removal

Just in the process of stripping my old head off before I install the new one and have a couple of questions that I need answering this evening if possible.

1) When I replace the injectors do I need to purchase new washers to replace the ones that the injectors screw down onto?

2) I have three stud which I have not been able to remove from the head - one of the two that locate the cam cover, and two small ones on the inlet side - if I try any harder the thread will probably strip. Where can i get replacements from, main dealer, someone like Milners or Roughtrax, or anywhere else? Should I get a complete set and replace the lot?

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

if you can't get them out just replace them with bolts, not really any point going to much trouble.

mole grips no good, even if you have clean the thread up again after?

you should get washers for injectors in gasket set for head, ( the crush washers on nozzles) the thick brass washers you can reuse.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi Tony, thanks for that, will use bolts in that case. To be honest, I didn't notice if there were new washers for the injectors, I got all of the stuff from Steve so I assume there is. I was surprised though how thin the new exhaust manifold gasket was compared to the old one that came off!!

Thanks again for the advice,

Cheers, Nick

Comment

oh, use your old one.....

even if you've fitted it, swap it...now....

Seriously, the Toyota one is better, even used than the new one.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for that Tony, that's handy to know! I must admit I actually thought I may have had the wrong head and gasket set cos it all looked so different!!

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Working...
          X