3 doors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 doors....

am i the only one here with a 3 door surf?.
    or has someone welded the back 2 without me knowing...
    every surf around here has 5 doors but mine just 3,now this is a bonus for me as i work with kids and it stops them playing in the back.
    BUT am i the only one?.

Never seen a 93 3-door one but have been told that they do exist, a bit of a rare beast so i am told!!!!!
    Post a piccie please!!!!
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

well i have the camera,so i will try onthursday as i work 24 hour shifts and its dark now...
      but i will try to get some up on here then...

Comment

Yeah they exist, but are few and far between!!
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Two of them over here in the Irish group. But they are a rare beast indeed...!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
            Two of them over here in the Irish group. But they are a rare beast indeed...!
            .....but very nice indeed. It was the sight of one that first sent me after a Surf, but I never found one, settled on my original '93 4Dr instead.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Got us one here boss

Comment

was going to take some pics today but her indoors had me doing daft d.i.y...
                i will get round to it ...... honest...
                and as a rare beast i take it parts will be rare too...

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke
                  was going to take some pics today but her indoors had me doing daft d.i.y...
                  i will get round to it ...... honest...
                  and as a rare beast i take it parts will be rare too...
                  You should'nt have any probs with parts, basic vehicle is identical, only side windows and rear internal side trim should differ.
                  Maurice
                  Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                    Got us one here boss
                    Wow... You can see clear through your truck Jim. You need some covers for the body/frame gap!!!

(and BIG rubber under the arches)

Comment

Ciaran re the see thru my truck thing, I got down on the hunkers to make sure I caught that bit of light over the rear arch. Its the 'ladyawant' if you ask me and I aint gonna be hidin it. I got a power washer off the b-in-law tonite and accidentalyknocked my two year old over when I stuck the jet thru the gap over the rear axle and she was on the other side (wife not impressed hehe).

Comment

Yeah, that gap make it easy to clean those hard to reach places. The amount of muck that i could now see after my body lift was amazing!
                        Derek :
                        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke
                          am i the only one here with a 3 door surf?.
                          or has someone welded the back 2 without me knowing...
                          every surf around here has 5 doors but mine just 3,now this is a bonus for me as i work with kids and it stops them playing in the back.
                          BUT am i the only one?.
                          I got 3 doors on mine but its a bit older than yours.

sumo.
                          Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:21.
                          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Wey hey

At last another 3 door surfer out there.

I too posses such a beast, thought it was a very cleverly bodged up hilux pickup with the extra cab and load roof welded on at first. ( Yes I have checked for a cut and shut,but it aint so!!).

Mines a 1990 2.4 TD SSR Ltd in that so so green/grey colour (no sunroof)

Interesting you can only access the back seats on mine thru the passenger door which has 2 handles so the back seat lot can bale out when the off roading gets too hairy.

Theres only lap belts in the back too...may have to check out a conversion to the 3 point variety.

I'm not a freak..there are others out there like me.

May get round to posting a picture some day

Cheers

Scuddy

------------------------------------
                            Look out! Ee

Comment

Originally posted by Scuddy
                              Wey hey

At last another 3 door surfer out there.

I too posses such a beast, thought it was a very cleverly bodged up hilux pickup with the extra cab and load roof welded on at first. ( Yes I have checked for a cut and shut,but it aint so!!).

Mines a 1990 2.4 TD SSR Ltd in that so so green/grey colour (no sunroof)

Interesting you can only access the back seats on mine thru the passenger door which has 2 handles so the back seat lot can bale out when the off roading gets too hairy.

Theres only lap belts in the back too...may have to check out a conversion to the 3 point variety.

I'm not a freak..there are others out there like me.

May get round to posting a picture some day

Cheers

Scuddy

Accually Its a 1st generation surf from this ALL other surfs were BORN.
                              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X