trailer lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer lights

i tow a trailer wit my jeep alot just wondering is there anyway handy i could set up reverse lights on my trailer as its a bit big for seeing behind was also considering a camera on trailer as well but is there copnnections u can get to go between truck and trailer like the lights

Originally posted by podge09 View Post
    i tow a trailer wit my jeep alot just wondering is there anyway handy i could set up reverse lights on my trailer as its a bit big for seeing behind was also considering a camera on trailer as well but is there copnnections u can get to go between truck and trailer like the lights
    I think you're on the wrong forum!

But yes, you could fit another socket to the towbar and wire the reverse lights and camera for the trailer through there.

Reverse lights wire in a SURF is red/black stripe by the way.

Comment

I reverse trailers lots at work and recon your better having a rear spot on the back of your truck shining down "work light" so you can see the trailer and where your putting it.

Not sure the camera would help as you would be looking forward trying to work out which way to turn the wheel and looking in your mirrors trying to do the opposite...?? confusing..

Comment

usually if you're reversing a trailer, you'll see what's behind you when you just drove past it?
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

If it's an old trailer with no fog light you could use the Blue wire. or there are 2 feeds for the side lights brown and black you could use one of those and rewire your sidelights to one or the other. But all of the above would make it non standard and get a bit confusing if you change motors
          www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

wtf red blue stripe brown green white pink

just have somone in the passenger seat at all times - send em out when reversing shouting directions - left right back stop, job done
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

sorted stuck side lights onto it and a reverse light reversing is a bitch wit it as its 16 foot long by 6 foot 6

Comment

Working...
              X