where is the thermostat on the 3.0td

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is the thermostat on the 3.0td

I have just taken off the top hose and housing but there is no thermostat and its just a small square hole, this is the normal place to find it on most cars, Is the thermostat somewhere else on this engine?

On the other side, behind the alt, to goes to the bottom hose.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I posted a pic of the housing here.

Comment

Cheers Tony, found it and it's all good, Heater still not getting hot, a mechanic friend said to take off heater hoses and flush the matrix as i have flushed the main rad and circulation is good, what do you think?

Comment

Cheers for the pics Wishbone, I'll be flushing the matrix when the snow stops

Comment

I hope it's not using water mate.
            A cold heater could mean trouble, hopefully not and a flush will have your feet toasty again.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              I hope it's not using water mate.
              A cold heater could mean trouble, hopefully not and a flush will have your feet toasty again.
              Hi Yoshie, I don't think it's head related (fcuk, dont know what i'd do without her now i've got her MOT'd) She's not using water and the oil is still clean, also there is not hot but warm air coming from floor and dash vents, it's just the windscreen de-mister vents that are cold, a friend of mine that used to be a Toyota mechanic thinks that the small radiator in the heater (matrix/core) could be blocked as the water seems to just be rushing through the header and not going through the cores.

When I get a chance and some new clips I'm gonna take the heater pipes of and try to flush it with the hose. The Wife, Kids and I are just going to have to wear hats and scarves till I sort it

Comment

That sounds more like a flaps issue?
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yep, as the heater valve cable was solid when I got the truck last year I think I will be looking at the damper flaps and cables, they do sound like they are openin and closing ok but could be obstructed in some way or another

Comment

Working...
                  X