No announcement yet.

ebay: Messages.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sold the old Bosch fog lamps off the front of the surf yesterday. Got about £8 for them in total, which is fine as I'd rather they got used than thrown in the landfill. Then a few hours later got this email:

would have given you £15 if they ended at a more convenient time after work you could always say you broke one and give the other a refund i am that desperate
    My reply:
    If you wanted to pay £15, you should have bid £15. I'm certainly not going to go back on a completed sale. Maybe you should read up on how auctions work?
    Andrew
    I'm constantly amazed.
    Andy
    http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      If ebay see that, they pull the auction. I know, it's been done to me.
      And done to me too - although just about every Surf ad on the moment features this line, so I dunno if ebay have relaxed their stance of late?
      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

was watching a sony cd player for the hilux (double din) there were a few bids on it ..then it disappeared..so annoying. I would only sell to someone who made a cash offer if there were no bids on the item

Shirl

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          If ebay see that, they pull the auction. I know, it's been done to me.
          You're right about that of course, though quite a few do it as you know. That's why I said it is expected that you put those words as opposed to an eBay rule.
          Amazing what some sellers get away with!

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
            You don't have to say it you can end for whatever reason you like.
            No legal contract exist until the end of the auction.
            That's why I said it is 'expected'. (An unwritten rule between buyers & sellers.)

As for contract: A contract between buyer & seller starts with the end of the auction but, a contract between eBay & seller exists from start of listing. Winning buyer also enters contract with eBay when auction ends.

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
              I sold the old Bosch fog lamps off the front of the surf yesterday. Got about £8 for them in total, which is fine as I'd rather they got used than thrown in the landfill. Then a few hours later got this email:

My reply:

I'm constantly amazed.

Good on you!

Comment

Wahey, just got a nice double radiator for £15 by offering up front cash! includes all the fittings...
                Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
                X