Info Needed..... Vehicle Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info Needed..... Vehicle Weight

hey guys any idea the weight of a standard 2gen 2.4l??? with 31" mud tyres??? i have to be able to clear 2519kg to get it into cheap commercial tax class.... it makes the length by being longer than 2.59m

Here

look at category c, thats what i am aiming to get into..... what would happened if i had a load of balast in truck when it was weighed as its only a girl in an office that looks at the truck??? and a surf has no weight plate.....
    Last edited by BigBobE; 28 January 2010, 23:48.

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
    hey guys any idea the weight of a standard 2gen 2.4l??? with 31" mud tyres??? i have to be able to clear 2519kg to get it into cheap commercial tax class.... it makes the length by being longer than 2.59m

Here

look at category c, thats what i am aiming to get into..... what would happened if i had a load of balast in truck when it was weighed as its only a girl in an office that looks at the truck??? and a surf has no weight plate.....
    Ah, ha, ha, ha. Please, NEVER underestimate the woman in the office!
    That is where i spend my days after all, cracking the whip on the site bods.
    It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
      this one just told me to take to local waste recycling centre and get it weighed on their weigh bridge so i reckon i will adding extra ballast.... gonna weigh it this weekend just out of curiousity

Comment

this one just told me to take to local waste recycling centre and get it weighed on their weigh bridge so i reckon i will adding extra ballast.... gonna weigh it this weekend just out of curiousity
        Ah hell then yeah! Was she blonde?
        It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Here

According to info from Japan, the 2.4 weighs from 1780-1830kgs depending on exact model and spec. A far cry from 2519kgs.

"Any person(s) deliberately altering a vehicles weight in order to benefit from a lower band of road fund license, or any other deliberate form of alteration to the standard specification for the aforesaid purpose, is liable to prosecution for fraud." (Source: Local traffic plod.)

If you did acheive the status you're after, logic dictates that you would subsequently remove any added ballast to preserve fuel consumption.
          If not, what's the point?

Any plod with half a brain cell would question the amount paid as displayed on your tax disc. Would that really be worth the hassle of trying to convince him it's correct and why?

He could impound the vehicle on the spot and have it examined. Not ideal if you happen to be a long way from home with possibly a wife & kids on board!

Also, your V5 would have to reflect the change of vehicle class and that to is "making a fraudulent statement, liable to prosecution."

I can't help but wonder why you would want to risk all this, unless I'm missing something?

Comment

well see the road tax is the same value for a year but initial registration tax is much different, €50 or 13.5% of the "market" value of the vehicle, my irish log book would then state 2519kg +/-

Comment

well see the road tax is the same value for a year but initial registration tax is much different, €50 or 13.5% of the "market" value of the vehicle, my irish log book would then state 2519kg +/-
              Obviously the system over there is different and I've no clue how it works.
              My apologies.
              So you're not trying anything illegal then? Don't answer that, I really don't want to know!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
                Hell Karen one thread your on about scratching and now your on about whipping....
                God knows whats next
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                X