Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This country really has gone nuts!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100128/...s-45dbed5.html

In cases like this, where if it goes to court and it is overturned. They should impose the fixed penalty on the officer concerned.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Thats a good one! His name is Mr Mankini!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

thats not to be sniffed at!!

mick.

Comment

Apparently, it's the same policeman that fined someone for littering after they dropped a tenner (which he picked up and returned)...
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

My employer recently received a fixed penalty notice asking for the name of the driver of one of our delivery vans. Apparently plod had photographic proof that the driver had been eating whilst driving. Employer asked for a copy of the photo so he could identify the driver and when it arrived it clearly showed the driver eating his lunch - he was parked at the side of the road and sat in the passenger seat at the time though.
            If at first you don't succeed,
            Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Alamo View Post
              My employer recently received a fixed penalty notice asking for the name of the driver of one of our delivery vans. Apparently plod had photographic proof that the driver had been eating whilst driving. Employer asked for a copy of the photo so he could identify the driver and when it arrived it clearly showed the driver eating his lunch - he was parked at the side of the road and sat in the passenger seat at the time though.
              The police need to prove you were not in control of the vehicle. It's not simply illegal to eat whilst driving so I've been told. But some people take it too far... Like those traffic wardens that give parking tickets to Ambulances and Busses...
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I heard about this on the radio earlier. Absolute madness & i agree the fixed penalty should be passed back to the booking officer.

You almost daren't take your hands off the wheel at all anymore in case they nick you.
                It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
                  I heard about this on the radio earlier. Absolute madness & i agree the fixed penalty should be passed back to the booking officer.
                  He should be sacked on the spot. Any wonder the police get a bad name (got nothing better to do attitude) and have lost almost all respect from the majority of the public.

Comment

So quoteth the Police source "
                    "Last night, a police source said: 'Total nonsense like this is the very opposite of good policing. This officer is known as PC Shiny Buttons for his lack of common sense approach to the job.
                    'It is supposed to be about serving and protecting the public - not embarking on some petty power trip."
                    ionic SURFactant

Comment

He may rank as the worst, but sadly hes not alone, far too many police and other public officials are totally driven by the rulebooks which our government has handed out, and refuse to bend twist or deviate from them.It would be nice to think that they do so as a form of protest, to show their leaders how silly it all is, but I dont suppose thats the case. The saddest part is, that this all increases the antipathy and lack of respect that people now have for authority. I know that there are decent policemen/women out there, but i feel that they become fewer in number every year, as they give in to peer pressure and the demands of the mob. With every year older I get my respect for them as a force diminishes.

Bogus
                      Сви можемо

Comment

good job he wasnt scratching his ar$e....12 months inside at least!
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

Working...
                        X