Fecking Insurance......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fecking Insurance......

Quoted £22 a month for fully comp, oh wait its on import? That will be £70 a month

Same fecking car for gawds sake.....and that's even if the insurance companies manage to find the car which half of them can't. Whats wrong with this country

Originally posted by Bonniebanks View Post
    ......................... Whats wrong with this country

Greed!

Comment

Quoted £22 a month for fully comp, oh wait its on import? That will be £70 a month

Same fecking car for gawds sake.....and that's even if the insurance companies manage to find the car which half of them can't. Whats wrong with this country

A Plan or Adrian Flux, I'm 42 and pay £250 full comp
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        Old Fluxy wanted £69 a month. That fecking nodding dog wanted £750 a year

Comment

Old Fluxy wanted £69 a month. That fecking nodding dog wanted £750 a year
          You don't seem very good at your job then.

I only pay £147 per year with Flux and mines got four litres!

No offence.

Comment

Just re insured my BMW ...tesco's beat elephant by £300 odd quid.

I think they are attracting new business using loss leaders , might be worth a look.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              I'm 24 and pay something like £350 fully comp for the 3.0 litre. Make sure you tell them you are a member of an owners club, and give full details of the immobiliser and any alarm.

You don't live outside a prison do you?

Saying that, there is always people sniffing round cars where I am from. Someone tried to steal one of my trucks the other month. Before that, in the gap between Christmas and New Year one year, a completely different car of mine (which I don't own now) was broken into twice, stereo stolen etc etc.
              The car before that was a 1980 MK1 XR2. I fitted a paging alarm to it so that if anyone got too close it paged my keyfob, plus I could beep the horn from it. The amount of times I was woken up, sometimes I would see someone walking away.
              Last edited by dieselboy; 25 January 2010, 23:15.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I am with NFU mutual and for fully comp, protected no claims is £370 with my 24 year old wife as second driver that has only been driving three years, I thought this was really cheap as Direct line wouldn't even insure my wife

Comment

I have no idea what mine cost. But it's with Mr Flux and I have all mods declared. £400 comes to mind.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

adrian flux is great as long as you have "modded" the car,

Before I did anything they wanted 400 odd quid,

I then did the 2" body lift, 4" suspension lift, 5 micky thompson alloys and 35£ tyres, full certified lpg conversion and an after market stereo and fully comp where they will pay for all the extras is only 250 quid with 50 quid excess. (I did mention the forum also)

I dont understand how that works, bog standard the car is worth less than a grand so it costs 400 to insure but as I would get nearly 4K for all the bits now the insurance is 250!!!

It must be that they either think I will look after it more, or that as it looks so stupid no one will steal it!!!

Comment

£250 fully comp, protected no claims, personal injury,legal cover, lifesure insurance, 3.0 ssrg
                      15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Sureterm Direct. 200 quid fully comp. No excess. I'm 27 with 3 years NCD.
                        Last edited by Don Logan; 26 January 2010, 19:32.

Comment

Aviva - £370.51. £200 excess, no additional named drivers, 3 years no claims, no premium protection, excludes off-roading, no after market mods.

Arranged through Academy Insurance - can't remember why I ended up using them. Saved me the hassle of trying to arrange myself (most if not all on-line quotes systems don't recognise the Surf anyway) and they seemed quite cheap. Premium included £20 broker fee - although that was at renewal - it may have been more when first taking it out.

Vehicle described on insurance certificate as "TOYOTA HILUX SURF (4-RUNNER)".

Comment

Working...
                          X