Engine transplants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine transplants

Ok so there is some heated discussions on another forum i visit called mrc(mazdarotaryclub) and swapping the engine out for another, generally a v8 lsx engine.
    Now the discussion is how people are ripping out the rotary engine and putting in pistons,now i know these are pretty special cars but people are saying the rotary engine is the cars soul and its sacralidge to be taking them out.

So what do yo you guys think, but with the hilux and engine swapping?,thought i would raise the subject now a few are doing it...

Mine is still all Toyota, I've just removed it's heart of a mouse and replaced it with one from a lion.

Comment

After driving a 2.4 up a hill..... I'm looking forward to the transplant vince.
      It's still Toyota... Just badged a bit different. And it's not swapping rotors... It's just adding 4 more pistons.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

hmm think i a asked the wrong question as what people are doing is toyata-toyota rather than say toyota to lsx or roverv8...

Comment

What's lsx?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I know what you're getting, for lots of people the Rotory motor is the whole point of that specific Mazda.

I'm not overly bothered what motor is in my truck, as long as it goes.

But I don't have Rose Tinted glasses about stuff, who cares what make the motor is, or even the truck itself, as long as its reliable and gets you home again after a days playing.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sorry but what the hell is this thread about? Are you talking about taking a mazda rotary engine & putting it in a surf?

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                Sorry but what the hell is this thread about? Are you talking about taking a mazda rotary engine & putting it in a surf?
                Could you let me know too?

Comment

LOL, its easy, are you bothered about putting a non-toyota engine in your truck.....

I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    LOL, its easy, are you bothered about putting a non-toyota engine in your truck.....

I'm not.
                    Nope. I want to fit a LS1 next.

Comment

I'm not.
                      thats what i was trying to say yes lol

Comment

What's a LS1?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          What's a LS1?
                          Sexy Corvette motor.

Comment

Sexy Corvette motor.
                            Ah, OK. So what's a lsx?

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
                              Ok so there is some heated discussions on another forum i visit called mrc(mazdarotaryclub) and swapping the engine out for another, generally a v8 lsx engine.
                              Now the discussion is how people are ripping out the rotary engine and putting in pistons,now i know these are pretty special cars but people are saying the rotary engine is the cars soul and its sacralidge to be taking them out.

So what do yo you guys think, but with the hilux and engine swapping?,thought i would raise the subject now a few are doing it...
                              I'd pull the rotary out and put the miller from the Xedos 9 in it. I had one and it's one of the sweetest engines I've ever sat behind.

The problem with putting something non-Toyota in a Surf would be finding something with sufficient grunt in a small enough space. We know the Lexus and Rover V8s go in I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X