fancy a 3 litre insted of my 2.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fancy a 3 litre insted of my 2.4?

well after enjoying 4 months of trouble free motoring with my ssrg 2.4 I am considering upgrading to a 3rd gen 3ltr job (must be blue over silver) any known pitfalls ahead? are they really a better motor etc, so what do you lot reckon should I do it?
    cheers Keith

Yep....

Comment

Originally posted by monkey hanger
      well after enjoying 4 months of trouble free motoring with my ssrg 2.4 I am considering upgrading to a 3rd gen 3ltr job (must be blue over silver) any known pitfalls ahead? are they really a better motor etc, so what do you lot reckon should I do it?
      cheers Keith
      In the eight months I have had my 3.0lt 3rd gen I have now just gone over 20,000 miles and it is still the dog b*ll*cks.
      My ony regret is that I didnt know about the intercooler version till after joining this forum.
      And my local garage has a R reg on at £9995 blue over silver with the best bull bar I have ever seen, If I pass tomorrow I will take a piccy and post to see if anyone else has seen the like.

Fish
      If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by monkey hanger
        cheers Keith
        Yeah, the 3ltr is much better my dad upgraded his 2.4 to the 3 and says its is much better (also tweaked the turbo so its always running says first and second are amazing!!) the only problem he has was the wiring looms (think thats the correct name) as they are different from the 2.4 to the 3.0 it made things a bit tricky, make sure you get it all intact with your new engine, once my dad managed to get the wiring something was wrong with it and it took us another month to get the car back on the road.

Dont try and buy a new one either as I was quoted £1000 for one!!!!!

Comment

We have both a 2.4 and a 3.0. Both are great vehicles, but the 3.0 is much more powerful and cruises easier at higher speeds, acceleration is also better, and the risk of head trouble is less. MPG is not noticeably different.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
            In the eight months I have had my 3.0lt 3rd gen I have now just gone over 20,000 miles and it is still the dog b*ll*cks.
            My ony regret is that I didnt know about the intercooler version till after joining this forum.
            And my local garage has a R reg on at £9995 blue over silver with the best bull bar I have ever seen, If I pass tomorrow I will take a piccy and post to see if anyone else has seen the like.

Fish
            Kev did you manage to get that pic. would love to see it. I,m in the market for a 3rd gen ssrg (intercooler) N-R reg Blue over blue or Blue over Silver
            WD40 "He who Thinks Australian"

Comment

Originally posted by AlanM6
              Kev did you manage to get that pic. would love to see it. I,m in the market for a 3rd gen ssrg (intercooler) N-R reg Blue over blue or Blue over Silver
              Garage was closed up when I came by tonight so will take a pic as soon as I can for you mark.

Fish
              If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Working...
              X