New front speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New front speakers

Put new speakers in the front of the Surf this morning. For some reason a previous owner had taken out the original speakers and never replaced them. I was expecting to have to pull the head unit out and put fresh wiring in but much to my surprise when I removed the panels the original wires were still there so I just cut the old connectors off, replaced them with connecting blocks and wired the speakers in with about 4 inches of new speaker cable.

Much easier than I was expecting.

Even the panels went back on again ok. The Surf is a zillion times better build quality than my old Rover 420. When I put a new stereo in that nothing but NOTHING would fit back together properly and I ended up removing anything that wasn't visible and holding the rest together with glue and gaffa tape!

The speakers are the ones that I mentioned in another thread the other day - Sony XSA1027 for £15 from Halfrauds. Excellent speakers. At least, it shows up how rubbish the original ones in the back of the Surf are! Maybe I'll replace them one day but not anytime soon...
Working...
X