Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Heating Pipes

Hi Guys,

One of the metal pipes to my heater is blocked, good and proper, seems an easy fix, just run new rubber hose, but before i do that anyone got any tricks for unbloking them.

thanks

Nath

Wouldnt like to say but my entire heater matrix was blocked up until today. See my post. ups and downs. It might put you off bothering. I'll just stay cold next time.
    In space no one can hear you scream

Comment

you'll need a long length of thick wire to push down the pipe to help clear the blockage
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Inner brake cable from a push bike is ideal. Rough ends and very flexible. Stick it in a very low speed drill and feed it in.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Inner brake cable from a push bike is ideal. Rough ends and very flexible. Stick it in a very low speed drill and feed it in.
          forward or reverse on drill, reverse me thinks cause you dont want it to unravel in the pipes or is that the idea!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
            forward or reverse on drill, reverse me thinks cause you dont want it to unravel in the pipes or is that the idea!!!
            Would depend which way the cable is wound? The idea isn't to unravel it.

Comment

"generally" clockwise will or forward on drill will unwind.....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                "generally" clockwise will or forward on drill will unwind.....
                Remember the flaw in the statement 'All generalisations are false'.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Remember the flaw in the statement 'All generalisations are false'.
                  87% of statistics are made up as well....

Comment

cheers for the much needed quotes and it's 94% that are incorrect, and I'll try the wire thing

Comment

How much will the rear heating not work effect the over all cooling system?

Comment

If the rear pipes wont unblock then under the bonnet where the heater pipes are on the o/side you will see the 2 rubber pipes that go off of the front ones to the rear heater.Just take off the 2 small pipes and bridge the pipes for the front heater and it will all be ok
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                        X