Lamps & Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamps & Dash

Hello all, managed to figure out why my speedo light was very dim, on but mucher dimmer than the rev counter, spent a little while searching here and saw how to get the dash apart and get to it.(cheers previous posters)

I checked all the lamps and they where all working but still the dial was dim.

After closer inspection, I spotted that the replacement MPH dial had simpley been placed ontop of the original KPH one.. twice as much material for the light to pass through.. I took them both off and just replaced the MPH .. bingo nice brightley lit speed dial

Anyhow, now that's done next little niggle would be the lamps behind the heater controls; while I had the dash apart I could get it loose but not pull it out, it seems to be mechanicaly attached to the heater adjustment parts wich I don't want to damamge forcing it out.
    I've tried searching for a guide to getting that out to check/replace lamps but to no avail; any tips?

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Somewhere there is a radio replacement write up that deals with the heater controls I think.

I'll look...
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Read This radio guide I think it deals with the heater controls.
      if it doesn't, at least you will know how to change a radio.

Comment

Thanks a lot bruv!

I managed the stereo change too when I first got the surf, I did train as a TV engineer many moons ago, so I'm fairly compedent at gettings apart and getting them back together again, ask anyone that had to re-tube a 1980's sony tv how may screws and parts had to be removed and in what order they went back in oO.

Many thanks again

peace
        cal
        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Fo shizzle my nizzle.

Comment

Working...
          X