M P G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I neither know nor care what MPG I get, that's not why I bought a 16 year old, 2 tonne truck...
    That's the attitude I've developed lately Andy. If I have to worry how much I get to the gallon i might as well get rid 'cause I'll never enjoy it otherwise.

Comment

I think mine is miles as it is a uk 4runner but hey i'm probably wrong.
      I'm not that worried about low mpg, it's just a way for me to see if the cleaning and maintainance of my 157704mile truck is paying off, it's running loads better and quieter after all new filters and oil change and, I love it

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
        Sorry, my mistake.

38mpg will be a record though. Unless you push it everywhere.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
          I'm not that worried about low mpg, it's just a way for me to see if the cleaning and maintainance of my 157704mile truck is paying off, it's running loads better and quieter after all new filters and oil change and, I love it
          I have always kept tabs on my MPG like you said its a good sign of a problem and driving conditions etc and I cant believe the difference a new air filter can make on some cars even changing before the service date.
          Have just serviced my 806 and cleaned the MAF out so hopefully I will see nearer 45mpg now
          My 340bhp Impreza was almost into single figures the night I had to rush to the hospital with my pregnant wife

Comment

I kept a general eye on fuel consumption when we first got the Surf and the best we had was a shade under 30mpg on a run.

We only do 5-6000 miles a year and that's mainly around town or towing so I don't bother checking now - a cursory glance at the trip meter when it gets filled up will give us an indication of whether we're using too much fuel

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

My 1991 2.4 is quite consistent with its fuel economy ( at least until the head cracked week before last) . 25 mpg seems to be the best i can get doing about 50/55 mph on rural mid wales roads and with KL71s on it.
              Off road the fuel gauge plummets.

Comment

Every time I pull off the forecourt I've got a long face. Before I get 1/2 mile down the road I've got a cheesey grin. I love my Surf, I'd love it even more if it wasn't quite so thirsty but I knew what I was buying so no regrets.

Brummie

PS I hope SWMBO doesn,t see this thread
                I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Now then, it seems my Truck is running quite well as I seem to be getting 28-30mpg at 50/55mph, at 60mph and accelerating passed slower traffic it seems to be around 20mpg, I do love the fact that i can take over at 50mph/2000rpm without having to change to 4th, like I say though having had cars and vans that have ran like pigs(that sounds offencive to pigs, sorry) and only given me 15/20mpg, the 4runner is by far the best truck i've drove, even though it is a bit rough underneath, I will try to keep her road legal as long as I can but a newer one could be on the cards in a couple o years, Paul

Comment

May as well answer the MPG question, it's getting to be a tradition I think.

I drive a manual and get 30 on a run 25 around town.

My old 3.0 2nd gen had 5" of lift and ran 33" tyres, never made 20 on a run or otherwise.

Love them both and couldn't live with a town car, so it's the pay up and enjoy option for me
                    Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X