No announcement yet.

Fuel heater question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

makro £14 ish for 20 litres = 70p per litre ish.

Or ask around your local takeaway food places to collect their waste oil. - filter -de-water - chuck it in - free fuel!!!!!!!!!!
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

I'm gonna see how much it is at the only wholesale store on the Island but they are known to be quite expensive, it might still be cheaper at tesco, if all goes well I will certainly turn my shed into a Bio Lab, Paul

Comment

if you a seriously considering building a bio plant - can i suggest you take a look at this.........

http://www.graham-laming.com/bd/ecos...iagram_new.htm

the schematic looks complicated - but it's not in reality.

do not even think of buying those green oil drum processors on ebay - which can be lethal and sometimes vastly overpriced - £400 ish for a drum and a pump?????

The GL processors are a very safe to use in comparison from both a personal injury and methanol release point of view.
        Also makes the whole process very quick (24 hrs) and efficient - as you can recover a lot of unused methanol rather than releasing into the drain or atmosphere.
        As i said before - mine cost me around £200 to build - mainly buying a second hand copper hot water cyclinder and pump. All plumbing bits I bought from very cheaply from here....

www.bes.co.uk

Do do a lot of research on the net as there are a lot of different ways to tackle every stage of the process - each producing the same end result.
        Last edited by jaky cakes; 20 January 2010, 11:51.
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

That looks like a fantastic link to the Plant set up, I have not read all of it just yet but certainly will when the wife lets me have some me time, the quality of the finished product aswell looks very very good, Paul

Comment

before you start running veg get a fuel filter becouse after a few weeks you will want to change it as the veg will clean the fuel tank of any build up.
            Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
              I'm off to tesco for my first trial, hopefully it's cheaper than the £1.25 i am paying for derv
              Take a look here ...
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55767

there's always a Payback ..Ya just don't know where n ya never know when !!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

I'm still using diesel just now till it warms up a bit outside, I've started collecting oil used at home and off friends and family as we all live in the same or neighbering village.
                I should have enough to fill the tank by the time it gets warm.

Comment

Working...
                X