Broken prop shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken prop shaft

I'll just leave this here as a cautionary tail of what happens if you do another 200 miles after the vibrations from the propshaft start...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDDj42oHshg

She's driving like a new car in front wheel drive, but looking forward to getting the replacement from Stormforce!
    Andy
    http://www.surfingafrica.net

Good vid, I looked at your other one, I was a little shocked till I read, sped up x3 lol

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Aye, I've been accused of irresponsible driving after putting that one up. I think 3x is a bad speed - at 10x it's obviously sped up, but that almost looks believable if I had a suicide wish!
      Andy

Comment

And don't neglect that tiny bit of play in your balljoints!!!!

This was the tiniest of noises, took it off and well......

Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

We don't have "Green Lanes" in Scotland.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Just car breaking wilderness!!!
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              We don't have "Green Lanes" in Scotland.
              Always thought Green Lane wasn't really a technical term anyway? Isn't that BOAT?

What should I be calling farm and forest tracks in Scotland?
              Andy

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
                Always thought Green Lane wasn't really a technical term anyway? Isn't that BOAT?

What should I be calling farm and forest tracks in Scotland?
                Farm and Forest tracks.

Comment

I'll just leave this here as a cautionary tail of what happens if you do another 200 miles after the vibrations from the propshaft start...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDDj42oHshg

She's driving like a new car in front wheel drive, but looking forward to getting the replacement from Stormforce!
                  had same problem as you except on the other end, was in FWD for about 3 weeks, and the repaired my prop, hadnt seized like yours but both bearings disintegrated....

Comment

Get the old one and throw it at the Daewoo. You (and I) will feel much better.

Comment

I honestly don't understand the concept of Green Lanes, or GLASS, or BOAT. But I do know the concept doesn't exist in Scotland. Something to do with our countryside access rights, I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                        Get the old one and throw it at the Daewoo. You (and I) will feel much better.
                        Trust me, I certainly would - but beggers can't be choosers when it comes to cheap as chips 2nd hand cars - it may be the most hateful thing I've ever driven, but it cost 2k for a low mileage 4 year old car. And it's almost entirely maintainable with a toothpick and can of WD40. Can't really fault that when living on a student income...

What are you in these days? Go on, make us jealous.
                        Andy

Comment

I honestly don't understand the concept of Green Lanes, or GLASS, or BOAT. But I do know the concept doesn't exist in Scotland. Something to do with our countryside access rights, I think!
                          Presumably it ties in with the different trespass laws too - you can go where you like in Scotland so long as you don't do any damage.

Great set of laws, only realised how good when I moved to NI where looking at a farmer's field wrong is likely to get you shot. Still haven't found anywhere over here that we can take the truck offroad except the in-laws farm, which isn't ideal - boggy hill farm full of animals.
                          Andy

Comment

What are you in these days? Go on, make us jealous.
                            An N reg Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Auto that goes 'haronk' when you start it from cold. If it starts. Sounds like the fan belt slipping but doesn't do it when it's warm. Weird. It also makes gurgling and chirruping noises from behind the dash, which is probably air in the coolant that I still haven't got around to trying to get rid of.

The usual fleet of Ferraris, Porsches, Mercs, BMs, Maseratis and old Jags is still at my disposal though

Comment

lol

GLASS - Green Lane ASSociation

BOAT - Byway Open to Traffic (signposted Byway )

RUPP - Road Used as a Public Path (not used these days, some you could drive on, some not, depending on provable vehicle use in past. All got reclassified Restricted Byway's in the big NERC stichup a few years ago)

Restricted Byway - Open to all non-motorised traffic

NERC - 'Natural Environment and Rural Communities' Act.

Green Lane - This has no meaning in legal terminology, green lanes include road, RUPP, BOAT, Bridleway...etc..
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X