Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an introduction

Hello, my names dom.

right i've got a gen 2 2.4l surf, metalic red and grey. Stupidly low mileage, 80,000km (if real!). Its been a lifesaver in the snow, had to run elderly neighbours to A&E a few times!

Anyway, well done on the forum, seems to be a neat and tidy one, and sofar informative, got a engine check light problem!

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure someone will be along to help you soon!

Do you have anymore information to help aide with what might be wrong with your truck?

Did something happen when the light came on or did it just appear when you started one morning?

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Hi and welcome....as Ray said any more info would help but this should prove useful http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...agnostic+codes (scroll down till you get the codes)

Rob
      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
        Do you have anymore information to help aide with what might be wrong with your truck?

Did something happen when the light came on or did it just appear when you started one morning?
        Ray.
        Its in relation to the boost pressure, the turbo green light kicks in ok, the boost builds up then if im doing more than 3000rpm at full chat (i.e. up a steep hill) the green light goes out, amber engine check light next to it turns on and i loose power untill i've backed off a bit and the green light goes on!

I'm susspecting a leaky vacuum pipe, or its overboosting?

Comment

Well hello sailor.
          I think you might be overboosting myself. Do the code check... Very easy to do and you get a definitive answer.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi a welcome
            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

hello mate i had the same problem with mine a couple of weeks ago a couple of guys on here suggested changing the fuel filter and they was right it was really clogged up i ended up taking out the fuel tank n flushing it all out surprising what was in there . hope that helps

Comment

Working...
              X