Dome fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome fuse

I dont have the Fob for my central locking so took out the fuse and disconnected the white plug between the two black boxs next to the heater motor, the engine now runs and drives great but now i dont have interior lights and fog light, this is a problem as my truck is booked for mot this week.

If i start the engine with the fuse out, then put the fuse back in all lights work fine but, if i switch off the ignition and try to start the engine again the Hazard lights start to flash and the engine is imobilised, i need to sort this out soon, I hope someone can help, Paul

Rewire the foglight as a stopgap, then have the immobiliser professionally removed.

Why did you disconnect things?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hi mate, thanks for the reply, I spoke to the tech guy at my local toyota dealer as i couldn't get the truck to start, he said to bypass the unit I had to disconect the plug between the boxs and there should be an earth wire close to the plug attached to the body, I couldn't find this wire so he said to take out the Dome fuse and the engine will run but I will lose interior lights and fog light, does this make any sense, Paul

Comment

Not really tbh!

I'd rewire the fog lamp to get it through the MOT, then worry about a permanent fix in the spring!

Comment

The foglight should be individually fused as it would have been retro fitted.

So trace the wiring back from there and give it it's own supply/fuse.

Comment

What would be the best way for me to rewire it, I'm not really good with electrics?, Paul

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              The foglight should be individually fused as it would have been retro fitted.
              Not on a 4Runner?

Comment

Sorry Bushwacker, do you mean follow wire from lamp or switch? Paul

Comment

I'm not sure but i think the system was fitted at the dealers when it was new and is possibly a scorpion system

Comment

any idea how to sort this out guys?

Comment

Foglight wiring......

Comment

Sorry to be a pain in the back side, do you think they have wired alarm/imobiliser into the foglight switch?

Comment

The alarm probably uses the dome fuse for the entry system (door switches/interior lights)
                          and they may have spliced into the 12v feed for the foglight for the immobiliser.

Can't work out how they have combined the two though.

Is there an illuminated switch for the foglight?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            The alarm probably uses the dome fuse for the entry system (door switches/interior lights)
                            and they may have spliced into the 12v feed for the foglight for the immobiliser.

Can't work out how they have combined the two though.

Is there an illuminated switch for the foglight?
                            Not that i notice today but a foglight simbol lights up along the bottom of the instruments/speedo and rev counter with the Dome fuse in.
                            Last edited by Paul G; 18 January 2010, 00:32.

Comment

If I go to an auto electritian with this problem hopefully it will be an easy job for them and not cost me a fortune Ha

Comment

Working...
                              X