Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other cars do we all own?

I'll start us off.

Come Sunday I'll have two 2nd Gen Surfs and a K11 Nissan Micra 1.0L CVT . Some may laugh but it gets 40+ mpg around town on petrol and its reliable as the day is long. Costs £22 to service including plugs and has cheap tax.
    Last edited by Surfer Ross; 15 January 2010, 20:11.
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

i've got a 2.4 gen 2 surf for me to have fun in and a mk3 mondeo tdci for family use and towing my caravan
    when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

As well as the 4Runner I have a 1998 mk1 Ford Galaxy 1.9tdi, great people carrier and van with seats removed, it can't go where the 4Runner can go though ha ha

Comment

Currently Own
        2001 Peugeot 806 HDI Quicksilver (Work/Family Car)
        1990 Saab 9000 Carlsson (Best car I ever owned will restore it one day off the road for now)
        1999 Yamaha R6 (Not a car but still a vehicle)
        Hoping to get shortly.

2003 -2006 Subaru Impreza STI (Fun car to make some money on, really expensive in France)
        Hopefully get a 2nd or 3rd gen Surf to have some fun with possibly sell the 806 and get a little van for work the wife even approves

Comment

Originally posted by oneintheeye View Post
          i've got a 2.4 gen 2 surf for me to have fun in and a mk3 mondeo tdci for family use and towing my caravan
          I had a Mk3 Mondeo Zetec-S TDCi 130. Cleaning the MAF sensor, blocking the EGR off and removing and cleaning the intake manifold (full of black gunge) gave me an extra 12 mpg and transformed the throttle response and power of the car, cut exhaust smoke to near zero too. Averaged 57mpg on a holiday to Luxembourg/Germany and back calculated brim to brim.

Originally posted by rbaz View Post
          1990 Saab 9000 Carlsson (Best car I ever owned will restore it one day off the road for now)
          Owned 2 9000 Aero manuals. Superb cars, brilliant build quality. The last of the proper Saabs before GM destroyed the company. I owned a 9-5 Aero and it wasn't half the car that the 9000 was. The best seats I've ever sat in too.
          Last edited by Surfer Ross; 15 January 2010, 20:17.
          En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
            I had a Mk3 Mondeo Zetec-S TDCi 130. Cleaning the MAF sensor, blocking the EGR off and removing and cleaning the intake manifold (full of black gunge) gave me an extra 12 mpg and transformed the throttle response and power of the car, cut exhaust smoke to near zero too. Averaged 57mpg on a holiday to Luxembourg/Germany and back calculated brim to brim.
            Extra 12 MPG think I will try it on the 806 get about 38mpg on average now love a few more

Am from a Saab family really farther always had them he still has a 900 T16 Convertable. Has Saab seats in his Transit camper and I may borrow the Carlsson ones to put in a Surf. Carlsson has the full body kit and swade/leather seats and a bit more power.
            Last edited by rbaz; 15 January 2010, 20:21.

Comment

i'll have to try that on mine, mines the 130 bhp aswell tows the caravan like it's not there but a few extra miles to the gallon would be nice with the price of diesel at the minute
              when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

bm 320i,which i bought as run around for the respray,which i said i wouldnt touch.....so far has m3 evo wheels,led rear lights,just bout to fit m3 front bumper and paint rear one

Comment

1992 Mercedes 230E LHD personal import, which I have owned since 1996. Still looks like it was only a few years old. no rust. Ive owned it for 13yrs and I expect to be still be running it 13 years from now if God spares me.

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

I have a 2nd gen 3.0L with 5" lift
                    24ft twin axle caravan
                    Yamaha Grizzly 600cc 4x4 quad
                    off road buggy
                    Kawasaki/Husqvana hybrid quad currently being built
                    Park president ride on mower
                    Oh and Lucifer or course.
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

3RD GEN.
                      20 FOOT CARAVAN.
                      FLYMO ELECTRIC HOVER MOWER.
                      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I have a very nice 3.0 ssrg wiv all the bells n whistles.

I also have a nice blue over silver 2nd gen. This has no engine or gearbox though. Mind you give it a couple of months and vince has kindly agreed to fit a 32 valve quad cam 4.0 litre v8 into it... What a smashing bloke.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post

I also have a nice blue over silver 2nd gen. This has no engine or gearbox though. Mind you give it a couple of months and vince has kindly agreed to fit a 32 valve quad cam 4.0 litre v8 into it... What a smashing bloke.
                          He is a smashing bloke and to do all that for free. Wow thats my kind of guy
                          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post

Excuse me Mr G. This blue over silver surf still has the engine init and the gearbox.It will be out over the next week and brought back here to store in my own garage so not to get damaged till its ready to go on its travels
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I've had to sell a kidney....
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X