X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyres if anyone is interested

Just got an email from 4x4tyres if anyone is interested in new set of tyres

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Not that I am in the market for tyres but what if any is the advantage of 16" over 15" on 4x4s?
    Take it the wider the tyre the better foot print and grip it gets off road?

Comment

Originally posted by rbaz View Post
      Not that I am in the market for tyres but what if any is the advantage of 16" over 15" on 4x4s?
      Take it the wider the tyre the better foot print and grip it gets off road?
      16" is the wheel diameter and is irrelevant in terms of grip or anything else. Tyre width is the 235/255/265/275 or whatever bit. The greater the width obviously the more surface area contacting the road, but for offroad Im not sure its all that simple. Skinny tyres can under certain , mud , snow conditions be better than wide ones.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Blimey, some good prices there. Thanks.
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
          16" is the wheel diameter and is irrelevant in terms of grip or anything else. Tyre width is the 235/255/265/275 or whatever bit. The greater the width obviously the more surface area contacting the road, but for offroad Im not sure its all that simple. Skinny tyres can under certain , mud , snow conditions be better than wide ones.

Bogus
          I know its the diameter but on cars it can make a big difference so no differences at all going up a size on 4x4s?
          Same as a car then skinny is better on snow/ice

Comment

This is what I want for snow...

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
            X