Insurance -What a PITA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insurance time for me too.

contacted everyone that people have advised on this thread plus many more.

after an afternoon on the phone being passed here there and god knows were every time i said either 'surf' or 'import' i managed to get a few quotes.

the best so far is adrian flux. they came to £377.

Comment

Adrian Flux.

Originally posted by LAD850 View Post
      insurance time for me too.

contacted everyone that people have advised on this thread plus many more.

after an afternoon on the phone being passed here there and god knows were every time i said either 'surf' or 'import' i managed to get a few quotes.

the best so far is adrian flux. they came to £377.
      There's obviously some issues at Adrian Flux, when I challenged my ridiculous £2000 quote it was made quite clear, that's it, double checked, best we can do, end of.

Three calls to alternatives later I get fully comp cover for £289 with legal etc....£1711.00 cheaper!.....the other two were only marginally more.

Comment

After a very silly renewal quote from Tesco last week, I called a-plan & saved myself £200. The policy is with Chaucer, cost me £263.40, has exactly the same cover with a £250 excess, as against Tesco's £350.
        Tesco could give me no reason for the sudden rise in premium this year & even after 'reviewing' their price, couldn't get anywhere near a-plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie.t View Post
          i have been doing the ringing around to get sorted for my surf and i called Adrian Flux they did a fair price for me and as they are a broker its really with NIG.
          i asked them about the problems people are getting when calling and not knowing about us someone's going to call me back.
          after taking my Insurance out with Adrian Flux this year i asked them about the problems some of you were having the only thing he say was that its all about your no clams bonus and where you live if its a "higher risk area" it go's up a bit but shouldn't be that high.
          Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Hi again,

I then went back to my insurer to explain that there quote was miles too high. They ran through my quote again and dropped the quote slightly but couldn't get within £100 of my best quote.

The fella on the phone then quoted with my wife added. My wife only has a provisional so couldn't see how that could help but I ran with it.

The quote that came back was £75 cheaper than my best quote and less than last year!?!?!?

How in the hell can that be??

Comment

Working...
            X