####ed blokes at the door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ####ed blokes at the door

I live in France in a fairly remote place only a few houses around and no direct neighbors at all.
    Just had a knock on the door (8.30pm here) opened it to find 2 scruffy blokes (possible farther and son) They started rabbiting on about something I couldn't understand a word of it the older one had no front teeth and had clearly been drinking and my French is very basic.
    The younger one could speak clearer and I worked out they had got stick in the snow (no fresh snow for 24 hrs mind ) and wanted me to drive them 5km to get a tractor.
    Its pitch black outside and no sign of them giving up.
    Theirs not another house for about a KM its about freezing and the wife is sat on the sofa trying to get our 8month old to sleep.
    I just want rid of them so start to put my boots on.
    The wife isn't happy leaving them on there own and me going off with 2 strangers. Young lad says you have a Subaru (in French) my brain is clicking away who the f*ck is he
    His phone rings but they dont answer it
    The the older one then falls over almost taking the other one down too
    Both ####ed and probably put it in the ditch after a good drink
    I ask the old bloke if its his car and he was driving? Yes he said
    I ask again to make sure he understands me Yes the reply.
    You drink alcohol and crash? No no alcohol.
    Sorry No way Bye.

The old boy was not happy no idea what he was shouting at me but he was seriously pi**ed off screaming all the way up the road.

Hope I got it right and they had got stuck because he was ####ed
    The French hold grudges forever if you upset them

Strange world we live in

hes probably your local planning officer

hope you weren't thinking of adding an extension , lol
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
      hes probably your local planning officer

hope you weren't thinking of adding an extension , lol
      I am trying to buy some land through a farmer just hope its not him or his friend

Comment

Should have been polite and offered them a drink at least.
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

maybe it was and he just came round to invite you to go and see the plot ...lol
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I think you did the right thing personally.
            Why should you give a toss that these 2 p1ssheads drove their car into a ditch because they were drunk?
            If they had been polite & not so obviously hammered then im sure you would have obliged but considering you would have had to leave your missus & the little one by themselves it was the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
              I think you did the right thing personally.
              Why should you give a toss that these 2 p1ssheads drove their car into a ditch because they were drunk?
              If they had been polite & not so obviously hammered then im sure you would have obliged but considering you would have had to leave your missus & the little one by themselves it was the right thing to do.
              If they hadn't of been ####ed I would have helped out but my car is only 2WD so if they did genuinely get stuck and not crashed what chance did they think I had of getting through

Comment

Bury it... dont worry...if any shit does come back..say you did not understand what they were saying...the old language thing...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Show them your gun, if you don't have one show them the biggest knife in your kitchen. If they don't get the message show them the mini digger your gonna use to bury them.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                    Show them your gun, if you don't have one show them the biggest knife in your kitchen. If they don't get the message show them the mini digger your gonna use to bury them.
                    As it happens I am waiting for my firearms license. I hope to get a 9mm Pistol (Beretta 92FS) and to be honest it would have been out the safe and in the holster tonight.
                    My license is only for target shooting but I wouldn't take the risk with mine or my families life
                    Had to settle for an iron bar tonight but I think they are just ####ed up idiots and harmless.

Comment

I wouldn't worry, Rent 'The Hills Have Eyes' on DVD. It will get you in the mood.
                      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I may have offered to let them use the phone to call some equally largered frenchie to come and tow them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
                          I may have offered to let them use the phone to call some equally largered frenchie to come and tow them out.
                          I did offer the phone but they declined they had a mobile anyway I heard it ring.

Comment

Why didn't you offer to call your, "mate in a 4x4" and rang the local police instead to pick them up?
                            Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                              Show them your gun.
                              don't try that!... my mate did it to the pizza boy and got nicked... luckily, there wasn't a gun in the house and the pizza boy was mistaken!!

(EDIT: it was originally an ornamental rifle above the fireplace, just so no-one thinks i knock around with hooligans!... but it didn't actually exist on further investigation)
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X