• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nostromo View Post
    pull the cardboard tube apart.

I never thought of doing that.

I always sacrificed a sock.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Just use the tube as sort of scraper, no need to pull it apart...

Erm yes we've all been there hehe

peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
        Just use the tube as sort of scraper, no need to pull it apart...

Erm yes we've all been there hehe

peace
        cal
        Maybe, but have you ever done this.

Towed on a push bike
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

[QUOTE=slobodan;611112]Maybe, but have you ever done this.

QUOTE]

No, but when we were younger we used to grab hold of a cows tail and give it a slap to get it running then cow ski through the mud.
          In space no one can hear you scream

Comment

Got my shades from scarbourgh sea front, genuine raybans £1:99. LOL
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Seems I got slightly mixed up and what he said was that you could use them in fog and overcast weather to kill ambient glare and improve visual range. No sunglass made is going to allow you to see better through a streaming windscreen with no wipers.

Randolph is the contractor for the USAF and a lot of other AF pilots have taken to wearing them too. They are ground to be optically perfect and come in brown, green or grey tint, with either dull chrome (silver) or gold rims.
              Cost to civilians about US$100 - from the PX about $45. You may find 'em online cheaper.

A search using google brings up a number of websites regarding using sunglasses etc in heavy rain but none dispel it as a myth but it is still unproven, however I am not going to be the one to test the theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
                A search using google brings up a number of websites regarding using sunglasses etc in heavy rain but none dispel it as a myth but it is still unproven, however I am not going to be the one to test the theory.
                In the right circumstances it can assist, when conditions effectivley create alot of glare. Also in fog it can take some of the whiteness out of the fog, thus improving visability.

I stress to point out you need the right circumstances, it doesn't always work.
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

i wear sunglasses for driving when the sun's low... especially summer evenings when you're falling asleep from it!...

used to just buy a load of 99p mcdonalds ones, but they stopped doing them... i got a pair of Nike ones now that are pretty good...

more expensive are a usually scratch resistant, but you'd need to go through a lot of cheap ones to equal a pair of oakleys!!... so i don't go for anything over a few quid. (except my going out ones)
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I'm longsighted so I wear specs all the time. On a sunny day I normally colour in the lenses with a brown dry marker then just wipe them clean with a tissue.
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
                    X