No announcement yet.

gwh200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw ray barneveld and sone other Dutch players in an exhibition match a few years ago, but it was before my new found appreciation for darts. There was rather a lot of drinking, and as it was at a hall near the haag lots of medicinal Mary jane tobacco.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

The BDO championship just seems so amateurish compared tp the PDC events and the premier league!
      And Sancho, half the enjoyment of watching the Phil Taylor Show is the anticipation of someone knocking him off his perch or at least coming close!!
      You have to admire the man tho' ! 15 world championships aint easy in any sport or game.

Alan
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Morning al.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

morning mate
          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
            The BDO championship just seems so amateurish compared tp the PDC events and the premier league!
            And Sancho, half the enjoyment of watching the Phil Taylor Show is the anticipation of someone knocking him off his perch or at least coming close!!
            You have to admire the man tho' ! 15 world championships aint easy in any sport or game.

Alan
            Fair point, but it's the amateurishness of BDO that's part of the attraction for me. My real problem with PDC is, of course, the number of players who have defected from BDO and breached their contracts in doing so.

When BDO and PDC split, they agreed certain terms to prevent players switching between them on a whim, but a lot of recent people; Barney, Klaasen, Whitmarsh and Webster for example have all just jumped ship knowing that the BDO doesn't have the cash to take them to court.

And, yes, hats off to Phil Taylor for what he's achieved.

Comment

Just seen this. Read Barry Hearn's comments and I think you'll understand the antipathy towards the PDC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ts/8451655.stm

Comment

I liked the bdo this time round. Where can you see ted "the count"(and that contains an "o" to many) hankey getting his arrogant arse kicked by a newbie... Classic.
                Anyway enough of this darts theme... Snooker is now on.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                X