Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow problem.

Finally got a bit of snow.

About 10 minutes after i took these pics i passed a guy in a Bmw X5. He was stopped at the bottom of a reasonably steep hill. Told me he tried a few times but couldnt make it. I went up no problem.

The funny thing is he assured me i wouldnt make it either.....

I'm quietly praying for a dump of snow so I can drive calmly up the long, steep hill from town to my place - it's carnage on that hill with all the normal motors trying to get up it

Comment

I think the tyres on the x5s might be fine for tarmac, but sadley lacking for anything slippy, next door neighbour has one, the tread looks like you get on low profile sports tyres.

nice pics

peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
        Finally got a bit of snow.

About 10 minutes after i took these pics i passed a guy in a Bmw X5. He was stopped at the bottom of a reasonably steep hill. Told me he tried a few times but couldnt make it. I went up no problem.

The funny thing is he assured me i wouldnt make it either.....
        Should have gone back down, asked him how much he paid for his beemer, tell him how much a surf is and drove back up the hill again.
        Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
          Should have gone back down, asked him how much he paid for his beemer, tell him how much a surf is and drove back up the hill again.
          funny thing is i came back down 3 minutes later & he was still there. I gave a friendly wave as i passed.
          He looked a bit pi55ed off & pretended not to see me.

Comment

hey simon, the snow here now covers the bottom of my tires completely now, up onto the rims... but its starting to melt quick.... very slushy when walking....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
              hey simon, the snow here now covers the bottom of my tires completely now, up onto the rims... but its starting to melt quick.... very slushy when walking....
              ahh stop your boasting!!!
              Howdy rob, yeah i hear its been hell up where you are. Im starting to understand why folks are getting sick of it. Its my first time driving on snow, its a bit of hoot but i got into a couple of little slides. Nothing serious but it does take a wee while to adjust your driving.
              Happy days.

Comment

Originally posted by BigYin View Post
                I'm quietly praying for a dump of snow so I can drive calmly up the long, steep hill from town to my place - it's carnage on that hill with all the normal motors trying to get up it
                I thought Scotland was meant to be like the Antarctic at the minute???
                Some guy here said it was -16 or -17 or something?

Comment

well you can drift in 4wd.... once you have enough snow you'll have some craic.... i am back off out, the phoenix park has only the main gates open all others on the lower sides closed due to snow, we were sledging on lucan golf course today.....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                    well you can drift in 4wd.... once you have enough snow you'll have some craic.... i am back off out, the phoenix park has only the main gates open all others on the lower sides closed due to snow, we were sledging on lucan golf course today.....
                    hehehe!....sounds like a good laugh alright. Im off out myself in a minute to see what its like now on the roads. Easy on the breaks big fella!!!

Comment

thats one thing, in free snow tires are savage but on the compacted stuff she'll lock up so easy.... and then your back into being in a car, if she's slippy i drop down to L coming up to a junction thats saves a lot of brown trouser moments.... my estate is deserted, so i have big carpark of virgin snow to christen again :P

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                        I thought Scotland was meant to be like the Antarctic at the minute???
                        Some guy here said it was -16 or -17 or something?
                        We're not in the Highlands, but we've had temps down to about -9c some nights.

Today was the first day for weeks that the day time temp actually got above 0c !!

As for snow - well, we have about a foot of it still sitting in the garden, but as there's not been any significant snowfall for about a week, the roads are pretty clear. Even our cul-de-sac, which has been white and a nightmare in a normal car for weeks, has finally melted enough cover off to remind us there is tarmac under there!

Was SO chuffed when I picked up the Surf last week when for the first time in almost a month I was able to put my car into my (steep) driveway in the snow!!

Comment

Working...
                        X