auto box help help need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto box help help need help

help i have got a 2gen l reg kzn130 3.0 surf with a autogear box falt its not selecting the gear wen in drive low and reverse is ok but 2 is like drive and dose not kick down wen you put your foot down , and wen you put it in drive it sets of like its in 3rd then the o/d light flashes i beleave it goes in to limp mode, the gears do change wen you are drivein but slow , i have had the oil change (dextron3) put in plus had it pluged in and got told it woz the throttle position sensore put that on ,thank you lord lucan 4 it and gess wot no luck 4x4 and o/d work fine eny help ideas you guys help help

you need to check the atf level and condition and top up/change if needed.if its still like it after that then theres a number of things.Try dis-connecting the batteries for a while to reset the ecu.
    Does the truck go into O.D ok if not then i would say the ecu has probably had it or even the torque converter may of started to fail
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      you need to check the atf level and condition and top up/change if needed.if its still like it after that then theres a number of things.Try dis-connecting the batteries for a while to reset the ecu.
      Does the truck go into O.D ok if not then i would say the ecu has probably had it or even the torque converter may of started to fail
      thanks had the oil done and the truck look at all pugs off the box cleand and put back and no luck , sum time.it works and sum time it plays up , how could you check if the torque conveter is on its way out ,but wen in low it takes off like a rockett help help

Comment

Is there anyone around you with a 3.0l you can test their ecu in yours as i think that may be the problem.I don't think there is anyway of actually testing the t/converter
        I know its a bit late but if you still want the sensors i am going to be sorting them this week.They were all working ok when i had the truck running

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          Is there anyone around you with a 3.0l you can test their ecu in yours as i think that may be the problem.I don't think there is anyway of actually testing the t/converter
          I know its a bit late but if you still want the sensors i am going to be sorting them this week.They were all working ok when i had the truck running
          i dont no enyone with a ecu round hear my dad haz got one but its a kzn185 so it wont fitt ,the sensors wood be great but agen its just going to be pot luck with then ,i have still got the last one sat in my boot , this bad boy surf is doin my head in now think i will just keep spending and spending and i will have 2 find sumeone with a ecu and try that,, other than that its a great beast and never let me down

Comment

Just put a thread up for anyone in your area that might let you try their ecu in your truck.
            I will get all the sensors i can out for you

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
              help i have got a 2gen l reg kzn130 3.0 surf with a autogear box falt its not selecting the gear wen in drive low and reverse is ok but 2 is like drive and dose not kick down wen you put your foot down , and wen you put it in drive it sets of like its in 3rd then the o/d light flashes i beleave it goes in to limp mode, the gears do change wen you are drivein but slow , i have had the oil change (dextron3) put in plus had it pluged in and got told it woz the throttle position sensore put that on ,thank you lord lucan 4 it and gess wot no luck 4x4 and o/d work fine eny help ideas you guys help help

sounds similar to my problem, except i had no o/d light flashing, my solution was gearbox and torque converter from stormy, and now i am having fun in the snow... :P

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                sounds similar to my problem, except i had no o/d light flashing, my solution was gearbox and torque converter from stormy, and now i am having fun in the snow... :P
                still havin fun in the snow its all good

Comment

i vow never to tinker with fluids in Auto box again.... was an expensive lesson, shipping and labour of £400

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                    i vow never to tinker with fluids in Auto box again.... was an expensive lesson, shipping and labour of £400
                    ye i bet got a garage wot will fit a swop a box for me £200 labour plus box but hopein its not the box

Comment

mechanic stil had no idea what it was, just said it was something with box.... so the old one was binned last week.....

Comment

Working...
                      X