GRRRRR - Autoglass!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRRRRR - Autoglass!

My surf has a cracked windscreen - Autoglass came out on Wednesday to fit a new one - Oh - we don't have the right one - we'll order the correct one - drive up to their Stirling branch today - WRONG ONE AGAIN!!!!!

Gah!!

remind them its the same as the same year 4runner, the surf is not in the argic code book as its an import, i'm in the windscreen trade. I hope your going through insurance with autoglass and not paying cash as their prices are truly astronomic.
    If you keep getting trouble with them, let me know and I'll try and get the argic code (part number) for the glass for you. I'm at the other end of the country so sadly I can't help any more than that.

Comment

That would be fab - what do you need from me to get the argic code? They said they thought they had the right one as their product support dept said they did, but it was the wrong shape at the bottom corners and had the wrong trim.

Comment

Hello Mike, see ye made it then bro.

Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Yep

Like it here too - most helpful bunch

Comment

I had my front passenger window smashed on christmas eve autoglass did temp repair then ordered new glass. They came out and fitted it on the 28th didnt think it was bad service they knew what the surf was and that it was the same as a 4runner. I'm glad i'm fully comp on insurance though or it would have cost £360 to fix they certainly know how to charge.

Comment

NOTE*

2nd Gen Windscreen requires the Chrome Trim as it will get damaged on removal of Windscreen.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Yep, the guy at the Autoglass branch commented on that too - mickyd - can you find the argic code for me please please?! Would like to be armed with it when they call back this week

Comment

MickyD??

please!

Comment

hi bigyin, sorry i didn't get back to you yesterday was busy, i'll phone my suppliers today and get the code for you and post it up for you, my guy is usually pretty good finding the right glass

Comment

the argic code is 8271 and covers the jap import surf from 1993 - 1996, the chrome trim should be under the same argic code, let me know if there is anything else i can help with.

Comment

chrome trim code would be very handy for me too,as ive got to take my screen out for the respray and my chrome trim came out in several bits,micky will that code work with main stealers?or will i get the blank look from parts dept?and cheers for code

Comment

hi buddy, that code is glass trade specific, main stealers have a parts numbering system of their own, so any windscreen company will be able to recognize that code but not the main dealers, the code will be followed by differing letters according to which piece of glass for that vehicle you want.
                          e.g.
                          depending on colour, which i think should be available in clear or bronze tint, the code for the front screen will be
                          8271LCL = clear
                          8271LBZ = bronze
                          8271RFD = right front drop (door glass)
                          871LFD = left front drop

and so on around the car.
                          hope this helps

Comment

That's ace MickyD - many thanks. Will challenge them on it and see what they say!

Comment

Well, passed on the code to them, no excuses this time if they get it wrong! It's ordered, but no delivery time as yet...

Comment

Working...
                              X