No announcement yet.

Another rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just registered down here Kev as i have been taking some of the nurses Mandy works with to and fro Barncoose Hospital

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
    If you join one of the many 4X4 response groups then you are covered by their 3rd party liability insurance.

Click on link below to see if there's one near you.

http://www.4x4response.info/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      I've just registered down here Kev as i have been taking some of the nurses Mandy works with to and fro Barncoose Hospital
      Hi mate.

Good to have another member from here on board.
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        Sounds like a good job

Comment

all i did was asked if it could be put on my insurance and they put it down as volunteer work as the only payment you receive is fuel costs

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
            We are not in a "claim ridden society" just a claim scared society, most of the H&S scared people are afraid of claims that have never hapened anyway.

Why should it change anything on you insurance as long as you are not making a profit it comes under the, "social" bit of your current insurance.
            No need to jump down my throat. All I wanted to know was if I would need extra cover to help out. I don't mind doing my bit but it's always wise to consider the consequences. Insurance companies normally try and wriggle out of paying up if they get half a chance.

Thanks to the others who replied with useful info.
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
              No need to jump down my throat. All I wanted to know was if I would need extra cover to help out. I don't mind doing my bit but it's always wise to consider the consequences. Insurance companies normally try and wriggle out of paying up if they get half a chance.

Thanks to the others who replied with useful info.
              I wasn't trying to jump down your throat, sorry if it came across that way, just trying to reassure you not to listen to all the hype and worry about liability, as on a lot of 4x4 sites people seem to be too scared to even take their mum out in case they get sued...
              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                How does this helping hospitals, delivering meals on wheels and ferrying essential folk around affect your insurance? I take it you need extra cover to do any of the afore mentioned deeds?

I'd love to help out but, in this claim ridden society, I'd have to make sure I was properly covered insurance wise.
                I would check with your insurance company, as they all seem to have different rules.
                It wouldn't be the "claim ridden society" that would concern me, but being stopped by the police and having my truck taken off me because I was driving uninsured. Which is what you would be doing if your insurance doesn't cover you.
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                  I would check with your insurance company, as they all seem to have different rules.
                  It wouldn't be the "claim ridden society" that would concern me, but being stopped by the police and having my truck taken off me because I was driving uninsured. Which is what you would be doing if your insurance doesn't cover you.
                  Trust me it does as long as you are not receiving payment ( other than "reasonable expensive") despite anything your local rep might try to tell you!

Fed up of this subject now too many myths surounding it! So this is the last post I am making....
                  Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

I wasn't trying to jump down your throat, sorry if it came across that way, just trying to reassure you not to listen to all the hype and worry about liability, as on a lot of 4x4 sites people seem to be too scared to even take their mum out in case they get sued...
                    Point taken mate. It's sometimes difficult to judge the true meaning of a written comment.
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Trust me it does as long as you are not receiving payment ( other than "reasonable expensive") despite anything your local rep might try to tell you!

Fed up of this subject now too many myths surounding it! So this is the last post I am making....
                      Some insurance companies do class it differently, so if you wish to not fall foul check. After all what is a phone call, compared to your truck.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

do the 4x4 response groups pay for fuel costs then? i must admit that there is a certain satisfaction in helping people out when they are stuck or in trouble in tough conditions

Comment

Direct Line confirmed that 'Class 1 Business Use' covered me for helping out the local ambulance crews as long as I wasn't rewarded or using a blue light.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyd View Post
                            do the 4x4 response groups pay for fuel costs then? i must admit that there is a certain satisfaction in helping people out when they are stuck or in trouble in tough conditions
                            40p / mile is the rate we're on - Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response
                            My other cars a QUAD
                            (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                            http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Working...
                            X