Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poss first surf...

Hi folks

I'm new and looking to get a surk, i have to shift my trusty terran 2 (if anyones intersted)

I saw this on ebay, any thoughts?

dan

Hi dan
    welcome to our world of surfdom
    that dosent look like a bad truck but be careful not to rush into the first one
    there are usually some on here so check that out also autotrader sometimes has a few bargains.
    if you are going for a 2.4 get one that the head has been done the modded head should be ok and they are good as long as it has been done. but if it has not been done there is always the chance that it will go.
    the 3ltr 2nd gen are not making silly money now and if you can stretch it to one of them that would be the one to go for.

Comment

Originally posted by dsgrnmcm View Post
      Hi folks

I'm new and looking to get a surk, i have to shift my trusty terran 2 (if anyones intersted)

dan
      i have had a 2.4 for over 4 years now and the thing keeps on going with no major problems and i do abuse it with off roading i cannot fault it.
      cheers shaun
      NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Hi folks

dan
        A Surk? You'd be better off with a Surf mate.

If that one on Ebay is near you why not go for a quick look around it first?

TBH if it goes cheap enough and it's in good nick there's no reason not to buy the first one you see. You could travel the country looking for a better / cheaper one and pass on a one that's in good nick for a reasonable price that's local to you. If you're in no rush though have a look at one or two first.

As previously said the 3.0 ltr is normally regarded as a better option but there's loads of members on here happy with their 2.4's.

I bought the first one I saw (3.0 ltr) locally and three years later it's never let me down once.
        Last edited by Scorpion; 4 January 2010, 20:00.
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Just make sure it's burgundy. The blue 3.0 litre ones tend to have a
          " homosexualising" effect on a driver. The burgundy ones also tend to be driven by members with larger.. Err.. Members. I have a burgundy one. Mudmuncher also has a burgundy one. He has to have his trollies specially tailored.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Blue is nice.

Burgundy is for sycophants.

So I'm told.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              Just make sure it's burgundy. The blue 3.0 litre ones tend to have a
              " homosexualising" effect on a driver. The burgundy ones also tend to be driven by members with larger.. Err.. Members. I have a burgundy one. Mudmuncher also has a burgundy one. He has to have his trollies specially tailored.
              So says who Gra !! ya little porker ...
              Blue is the Colour

There's always a Payback .. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                So says who Gra !! ya little porker ...
                Blue is the Colour

There's always a Payback .. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
                I should have said except you jess!!
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Cheers guys

It is tempting to jump in feet first, there is a g reg one about 20 min from me, but wont see it till friday, where as the ebay one is up in bristol. I live in north devon. so will wait and see.

thanks for the advice fellas.

Comment

what about this little tinker!

Just sold the terrano, and looking for a surf not a surk??

how about this one:

Comment

what about this one
                      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                        Looks good, a yeay newer, and closer. The other one is up by the gordo services.

Only thing that sways me is the 2.4 has a new rad,belt,pump and mot till sep.

where as the 3.l is a brit (any diffrence? parts etc?) few more miles, nice black trim, rear window? is that the motor or regulator?

any advice fellas?

dan

Comment

Looks good, a yeay newer, and closer. The other one is up by the gordo services.

Only thing that sways me is the 2.4 has a new rad,belt,pump and mot till sep.

where as the 3.l is a brit (any diffrence? parts etc?) few more miles, nice black trim, rear window? is that the motor or regulator?

any advice fellas?

dan

Only my opinion but don't buy a 2.4 when you can afford a 3.0
                          Brian

Comment

The rear window is probably the motor but the guides may need a clean out and that could cure it.
                            The 3.0l is a surf not a 4runner as they have in the title.
                            The passenger side wing is nothing and i can supply a blue replacement if needed and fit it for you for £40 all in
                            The rear bumpers they normally go anyway so you would probably need to replace the 2.4 ones in the future.
                            I asked them about any over heating etc and they have said there's nothing to worry about.I have it on watch myself cause if i had the money now i would have it for myself to replace my own truck
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                              The rear window is probably the motor but the guides may need a clean out and that could cure it.
                              The 3.0l is a surf not a 4runner as they have in the title.
                              The passenger side wing is nothing and i can supply a blue replacement if needed and fit it for you for £40 all in
                              The rear bumpers they normally go anyway so you would probably need to replace the 2.4 ones in the future.
                              I asked them about any over heating etc and they have said there's nothing to worry about.I have it on watch myself cause if i had the money now i would have it for myself to replace my own truck
                              so do u reckon the bigger 3 and newey 3l or the older but money spent on 2.4?

dan

Comment

Working...
                              X