Football On ITV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football On ITV

I know it's a sort of unwritten rule not to talk about football on here, but I've just turned off ITV's coverage of todays F.A.Cup highlights because I couldn't take any more advert breaks. It was absolutely disgraceful the amount of times that the ads were on. From now on it's set the Virgin box to record then fast forwards through the ads on a Sunday morning!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

And 90% of those adverts seem to feature one of the lower ranking (ex) footballer / footballers wives pairings espousing the virtues of cheap package holidays?!

Come-on! Surely the Redknapps can afford their own island at least!

I'm gonna have the last laugh I think. Jamie is starting to look like Harry - wonder what Louise is gonna do when she realises she's married to a freakishly ugly ex-footballer with the elephant man as her dad-in-law?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      I know it's a sort of unwritten rule not to talk about football on here, but I've just turned off ITV's coverage of todays F.A.Cup highlights because I couldn't take any more advert breaks. It was absolutely disgraceful the amount of times that the ads were on. From now on it's set the Virgin box to record then fast forwards through the ads on a Sunday morning!
      And we still have to cough up for a TV licence!!!

Comment

I think I've worn out the mute button on the TV remote as I press it every time the ads come on. I find the Go Compare ad particularly annoying!
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          I'm gonna have the last laugh I think. Jamie is starting to look like Harry - wonder what Louise is gonna do when she realises she's married to a freakishly ugly ex-footballer with the elephant man as her dad-in-law?
          I thought his looks were down to a bad road accident that he was involved in, the guy can't help that.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I know it's a sort of unwritten rule not to talk about football on here,
            On a side note... as part of the cable package here, we have been given MUTV, Chelsea TV, and Liverpool TV . for free.
            With the other sport channels it is now possible to watch football now 24/7, Heaven.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
              I thought his looks were down to a bad road accident that he was involved in, the guy can't help that.
              Cars aren't capable of sufficient speed. Air crash maybe? Or perhaps a decompression of a space shuttle?
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I try and do this even if I am watching TV live. Perfect excuse to hit the pause button during the ads and make as cup of tea. Then forward through the LOUD and annoying adverts. Normally takes me longer than the ad break to do the tea, so even if I don't fancy one for the next break, I can still use the fast forward button to skip through some more

Now, where are my slippers.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I have to agree with what you all say guys BUT the way I understand it...

1 we don't pay a tv licence for itv only bbc
                  2 the only reason itv can afford to show footy is with the 'sponsorship' of the advertisers
                  3 without the ads/licence fee you would only be able to watch footy on sky or cable which are far more expensive and the ads are still annoying - ever tried watching cricket on sky!?
                  4 sure the rednapps can afford an island, but they don't get payment for selling holidays, but the fee for the ad
                  . Can't knock em for increasing their pile if the ad company is willing to pay.

Not having a dig at anyone or saying i agree, but just the facts as i see it
                  Cheers

Fernie

Comment

We're also the ONLY country in the world to be forced to pay for TV licence.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X